Tuesday, December 29, 2009

1st day back at CFC... effen kettlebell

Today was my first workout back at CFC. I can't express what a difference it makes to be at our box versus working our at home or working out at another CrossFit.

Strength work:
Press 5-5-5+: 53-61-69 (x5)
Ring dips clear band Max (x3): 10-8-8 (last time 5-5-5)

I need work on technique for presses. Need to keep my hands outside my elbows (wider grip), need to flex my muscles all through my legs and lock my knees, need to increase speed out of the bottom. Should work on this tomorrow at light weights so I don't forget what I learned.

I doubled the ring dips I could do since 12/14, so was hoping I could bang out at least one unassisted tonight after the metcon. Didn't happen. Will keep working on these - I will be able to get at least one unassisted before Sectionals.

Metcon:
4rds: Burpees, KBS (55#), Row (calories) 45 sec on/15 off
Burpees: 15/11/11/12
KBS @ 55#: 8/6/5/7
Row: 12/11/10/11
Total: 119

Those KBS were fucking heavy. Heaviest I've ever gone. Good to step it up for Sectionals... but it was definitely a struggle. By the last 2 rds I could string 2-3 together, but the 1st 2 rds I couldn't get more than singles. I imagine it was just getting used to the weight.

Also started reading Paleo for Athletes (Loren Cordain & Joe Friel). It has a great listing of foods to eat pre- and post-workout... I'm going to switch my current nutrition focus from a weight loss focus to a performance-enhancing focus. I imagine I'll still lose the rest of weight I was hoping to lose, but this book seems to emphasize (so far anyway) reducing recovery time and making the most of your workouts. I'm only 60 pgs in but I'll post about it when I learn something I need to remember. I bought a bunch of fish today... book pushed for fish post-wod... not sure how interested I'm gonna be in eating that but I'll try it and see how it goes.

I'll post about the next girl I'm following tomorrow. This shit is long enough already and I wanna put a heating pad on my back. Fucking 55# kettlebell.

1 comment:

  1. Soooo....can I borrow the Paleo for Athletes book when you're finished? Looking forward to our next Whole Foods date!

    ReplyDelete