Monday, December 28, 2009

So we need competition, eh?

So, Rudy says we need competition and that blogging will help focus our goals. I try as often as possible to listen to our coaches and to try what they say, so, here goes.


I looked through the Crossfit Games site and started researching girls a week or so ago. I wanted to see their times, their weights, and I wanted to know what and who I was up against. I printed out photos of them and their Athlete Profiles from the site so I could continually compare my lifts and my times against theirs. I want to learn to plan my metcons and my strength training to have goals at or higher than what their lifts and times are; lifts and times that are difficult to achieve but that I intend to achieve none the less.

I figure I'll post the girls I chose as my inspiration/motivation , so I can be constantly reminded about my goals and what I have to fight to achieve. I chose girls who were close to me in age/height/weight… and who were hot… I mean, I know I'll work harder to compete against a hot girl (you said you wanted honesty in this blog, right Rudy?). Some of their weights are in reaching distance for me, and some seem impossible, but what's the point in settling for goals I know I can hit? Better off reaching higher than I think I can go, I say. Once I get home from Christmas, I’m plastering these girls profiles and photos on my wall so I can see them daily and remember who I’m competing against and what my goals are. In the box, I intend to push everyday to be the fastest and to do as many WODs Rx’d as possible. The first girl I chose will be listed on the bottom of this post.


While I think competition with these girls will help me plan ahead before I start a metcon, I am definitely the type to work harder against someone in person… so I intend to push myself each day against everyone in my heat. Bryce said I should compete to be the first in my heat every time, so that’s my goal. Every day.


Tomorrow I’ll be back in Chi, so that officially starts my training for Sectionals. See you all then.


Crystal McReynolds

Started CrossFit: Two years ago

Age: 25

Height: 5' 9"

Weight: 135

Fran: 3:41

Helen: 8:13

Fight Gone Bad: 315

Filthy Fifty: 21:52

Deadlift: 270

Press: 110

Back Squat: 255

Snatch: 120

Clean & Jerk: 145

Max Pull ups: 36

No comments:

Post a Comment