Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Back in Chicago for a few days!!

Tuesday - WOD at CF Chicago!! Strength component:
Jerk 5-5-5
Split Jerked @ 75#, 90# and 105#.
Felt strong on these, was able to hit these hard and form felt really solid. Got under the bar faster than usual at full lockout which was nice. Wanted to go heavier, but didn't think I could do it.


Metcon:
30-20-10 reps of:
Wall Ball (20/14 to 11′ target) - Rx'd
Sumo Deadlift High Pull (95/75) - used 65#
Box Jumps (24″) - used 20" box b/c there weren't enough boxes
Push Press (95/75) - used 65#
Row (10 damper setting) - Rx'd
Time- 31:something
I hate not going Rx'd. At other boxes, it is rare that I sub or reduce the weight... which makes it super frustrating when I come back here and can't. Frustrating as it is though, it makes me proud. Proud of our box, of our programming, of our athletes. Even at reduced weight GOOD GOD was this a killer workout! I was sure I was going to puke during this. I haven't felt so close to puking in a very long time during a workout. After I completed the 2nd round I sat on the rower, for, what? twenty? thirty seconds? I couldn't convince my ass to get up. It was 23 minutes into the wod and I hit a huge wall. Bryce, who had thought I was finishing my 3rd rd realized that I was about to quit, just looked at me and demanded I finish the damn workout. God I hated him. But that's one of the best things about CrossFit. There's always a coach to push you when you just can't push yourself. And other athletes like Donna and Karen to help push me as well. I love CFC.

Wednesday - 2nd WOD at CFC (!!)
Strength component:
3x Max kipping pull-ups
10-12-13.
Who increases?! My issue was my grip. And with not wanting to tear my hands. I could feel it start to almost tear and dropped instead of pushing through and dealing with a few tears. When did I become such a pussy?

Metcon:
50 Overhead squats (135/95 or 60% of 1RM) - used 55#
Time cap 8 minutes.
DNF'ed - got through 33 reps.
My wrist flexibility is still atrocious. I got 5-5, then for the rest I had trouble stringing 3s so by the last 15 or 20 reps I did singles, with a few doubles thrown in whenever I felt I could hadle it. Depth was an issue by the end but felt good to start off. I just can't do too many reps of OH squats!!!

1 comment: