Thursday, September 9, 2010

Growth Premiere + CF Hollywood

So, sometimes I produce movies. I know, not exactly a hobby, but whatever. Tuesday night was the premiere of my film Growth, so thanks to nerves I barely ate during the day (2 eggs + 1 egg white in the am, plus a chocolate muscle milk split pre- and post-wod, turkey burger with grilled onions, chiles, and a bit of guacamole sans the bun of course) and then no more food until late night post-premiere NON-paleo/healthy apps (handful of french fries, hot wings, mac-n-cheese, and 2 potstickers... oh and maybe a few vodka sodas). I did certainly earn that food though... the afternoon workout was at CrossFit Hollywood and it was a bear. Plus I wore five inch heels from 6pm - 1:30am and that's a damn workout in itself.

5 Rds (for time):
250m row
10 Front Squats 135/95#
15 GHDs
20 Box Jumps 24/20"

Rx'd. 29:26.

Ouch. Finished Round 1 before anyone else in the box and then slowed the fuck down. This was my first CF workout in awhile since I've been on a train and haven't been eating well so I didn't think it'd be an awesome time, but damn it hurt. And I took the following day as a rest day b/c I was so damn sore. My quads were beat the hell up and my abs were a little sore too (managably sore though - I totally could've pushed through that soreness if the quads didn't burn as much as they did). Felt alright about my row times - stayed under 1:55 in rd 1, 2:05 for rd 2, then under 2:15 for the last 3 rounds.

I expect to get a workout in today. May check out a new box or hit CF Hollywood again.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry Rudy, no pictures until I get back from vacay... I'm used the iPad and don't know how to upload anything onto it ;)

    ReplyDelete