Sunday, September 12, 2010

Seriously though. I'm not a runner.

For someone who isn't a runner I sure run a lot recently. It clears my head, and I've had a lot of shit on my mind recreantly and it gives me 30 minutes or a hour or more where all I can think about is man I wish I were doing something else (just kidding).

Actually I don't know what I think about when I run. I think about a million different things, it's almost like dreaming. My mind goes all over the place, and when I'm done I feel completely drained and have no clear memory of what went through my head during the run. When you spend too much time during the day thinking about things, this is the perfect way to put it all away. I also feel like it helps control my emotions- if I'm feeling sad or stressed before the run I feel like I somehow run all the emotions out of my system.

Today's workout:
Run 1.2 miles up/down hills... More downhill on the way out (approx 13 min)
20 situps
20 leg raises
Run 1.2 miles up/down hills... More uphill on the way back (approx 15 min)
4 rds: 5 pushups w/ 10 sec rest in b/w each rd
<2-3 min rest>
2 rds: 2 super steep hill sprints

The path I chose was only 1.2 miles (I got a bit turned around... Surprise) before it ended so once i got back to my starting point I just didn't have enough sunlight or the desire to run another 30 minutes back and forth the same path, so i figured I'd exhaust myself with super steep hill sprints. That did the trick!!

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha. You got lost again! You need to run with a gps watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post Kerry!! You ARE a runner! Did you look into the Inov8's?

    I'm the same way though... running has definitely become a stress reliever. But, look up once and awhile and enjoy your scenary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree. There is little that's more cathartic to me than running. My friend--a marathoner--has a t-shirt that says "Running: It's cheaper than therapy!"

    ReplyDelete