Saturday, September 11, 2010

Fran at CF Hollywood and MMA circuits

Thursday 9/9.

I went in to CF Hollywood thinking I had to do Nancy (OH squats and runs), which would've sucked b/c my quads were pretty damn sore from the previous day's wod and the 7 mile run the day before that. So, when I found out we were doing Fran instead and was happy. Okay not happy, but glad not to have to do Nancy. Fran, however, was not happy to have me and she kicked me in the face. I finished a full 1:30 slower than my previous PR.

Fran: 21-15-9 reps of thrusters 95/65#, pull-ups. 8:42 (prev PR 7:12)

*to be fair- I did 63# b/c there were no baby weights to use to pull it up to 75. I actually considered dropping the weight to 58# before I started b/c I knew my strength/cardio isn't where it used to be. But I'm glad I fuckin manned up and went Rx'd. No reason to drop weight as long as I can do Fran sub-ten.

I know I'm not where I was before. When I did Fran it was at my Level I Cert and I was very close to the peak of my performance I've had since starting CF. God, I can HEAR a million excuses in my head right now- haven't trained enough recently, when I am training it's less weight training and more cardio MMA circuits vs CF wods, I am getting over a cold... Ugh. All that matters is I have a fucking lot of work to do to get back to where I was and then get even stronger. Faster. Fitter.

[Friday 9/10 traveled from CA to VA. Damn. 9 hrs of travel su-ucks.]

Saturday 9/11.

12 min cardio circuit, 1 min each station, no rest: hitting/punching/kicking/etc the heavy bag, burpees, heavy bag, bear crawls. Yuck.

Five minute rest, then was supposed to alternate b/w heavy bag and gorilla drills but I couldn't figure the damn gorilla drills out today. I was having a rough day mentally, and while hitting the bag certainly helped, doing a drill I don't get just irritated me more. So, I did 1 or 2 rounds of burpees as a sub and then just alternated b/w the bag and a rest pd.

I think I rested about ten minutes or so, and then hit another circuit. 1 min each station - 22" (?) box jumps (not sure of the height but it was higher than our 20" box but not by a substantial amount), stairs, hammer slams, rest. Twice through.

Then I just dicked around the gym for awhile. I did a few sets of 7 pull-ups (I need to get back into doing these for max reps but when I'm fresh, not after a lot of cardio), did 30 sec of sit-ups, leg raises, side-to-side oblique work, I climbed the rope at some point (20/30ft?). And THEN I worked on snatch form for awhile at light weights. Just practiced good bar path, speed through the second pull, landing in the full squat (versus landing and dropping down into the squat afterward). Worked at about 30/40#... didn't know what the weird bar I was lifting weighed. I only know the weights of traditional 33/45# bars.

And ps can I just say it irritates the hell out of me when people tell me and insist that a 33# bar is 35#?? It's 33#.

2 comments:

  1. If it's a cheapie it may be 35#s. If it's a nice one it's 15kilos ie 33lbs. So if there's a bolt loosening as you are working out and it sounds like the bar might break if you drop it one more time it may actually be 2lbs heavier. Ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahaha!! Thanks coach :) It was def a 33... Different trainers said diff weights. And, it felt good actually. I should know i dropped it a whole bunch of times :)

    ReplyDelete