Friday, September 17, 2010

I felt GREAT about my workout today!!!!

Tuesday 9/21 travel day.

Wednesday 9/22 wardrobe malfunction.
Seriously, I'm an idiot. I went into the film office for a long day of scheduling and data entry work (producing on a low budget film is NOT as sexy as it may sound. Seriously, on our films, I've done makeup, scouted locations, been dragged around as countless dead bodies, worked out special effects, collected bark, ran after drunk extras and begged them to come back for "just one more take"...). I packed workout clothes so I could leave straight from the office and I grabbed my brand new lulu shorts out of my bag and realized that the security tag was still attached. Awesome. Do I have that receipt anymore? No. Did I buy the shorts locally where I can just go back to the store and get this resolved? Of course not. I bought these shorts on one of my countless trips to VA. So... Needless to say, didn't get a workout in that day. Instead I worked until about 2:30am. Exhausting.

Thursday 9/23. Wod at CF Hollywood:
Find your 1RM deadlift in ten mins.
Metcon: 5 rounds of 3 min on, 3 min off - 5 reps 225/155# DL, 5 pull-ups.

I was five mins late getting in and there was a huge class so I didn't have my own bar and so ended up just going around the room and sharing bars with whoever had a good amount of weight to lift, and so I didn't get to find my 1RM, but I got up to 225#. Then, hit 21 1/4 total rounds! It was a TOUGH workout. 105 DL at 155?! 105 pullups?! Of course, I tore my right hand (twice) in my fourth round so that hurt like a mother! But it was a strong showing and I had the highest number of rounds (I think) in the class so I was pretty stoked. And a couple people said really nice congratulatory things for doing so well, and one guy even said it was awesome to watch me crush that workout :) which made me feel awesome. I still have a lot of work to do to get back to where I was and even more to get to where I want to be, but I was proud of my wod today. And that's a great fucking feeling.

Also, I'm pretty sure my back is going to hate me tomorrow. Even better- my hands are gonna look stupid all bandaged up when I have to sing at a wedding rehearsal tomorrow and at the wedding on Saturday. Oh well. I felt like a badass today, so, fuck it. Totally worth it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment