Sunday, October 10, 2010

Apparently bikram is my new best friend

This week was certainly a stressful week as we were trying to ramp up for shooting. I went to bikram once earlier in the week, and then was going to go to a spin/yoga class with my roommate Sara Thursday evening, but I got into a car accident :(

It was minor. Seriously. I got rear ended about two years ago and it was awful- I was in pain for weeks, had to go to the chiropractor three times a week, and take muscle relaxers and some heavy pain killers that knocked my ass out every day. But this accident, thankfully, wasn't so bad... I was going probably under 20 when I hit the guy (who, ps, was a total jerk. He called later and was nicer, actually saying "I hope the rest of your day gets better, kiddo" which would've been appreciated more if he hadn't been such an a-hole after the accident).

So I went to the Chiro Friday morning, he seems great. He said I have some muscle guarding around my neck and traps and took some x-rays of my neck/shoulders. He was cool though, and understood that I wasn't going to sit around for weeks and not workout (I acknowledged that I probably should doing any overhead heavy lifting and asked if I was allowed to run, to which he replied "I assume you're not going to offer walking as an option?"), so we agreed that I was allowed to go to bikram this weekend, and then I'd come back in Monday to go over the x-rays and reassess what I'm allowed to do.

PLUS the awesome dr said he thinks one of his clients CFs at a box five minutes down the road, so I'm excited sbout that. Right now the only CF nearby that I know of is juuust too far away for me to make classes during the week so I'm excited!

Saturday 10/9/10. Bikram!

Sunday 10/10/10. CFC started a paleo challenge today... I'm so jealous and wish I could be there for team paleo challenge!!!! So fun! I had decided to track things with the fit bit anyway, so I guess I'll start tracking foods (and workouts) today and take a photo (which I'm totally not posting until the end and only maybe would I post it then) and see what happens during a month long shoot, and see if I can manage to maintain or hopefully get even leaner! Getting stronger right now is much less likely to happen with reduced energy from not sleeping much and working ridiculously long days plus my current lack of access to the gym, so I'm hoping to manage my nutrition and workouts and improve the areas I think I'll have a better chance controlling- improving stretching, getting leaner, and eating well.

No comments:

Post a Comment