Saturday, October 2, 2010

10/1 and 10/2 workouts

Friday 10/1: Late night workout. Swam 20 lengths of the pool at my apt complex, treaded water arms only until I felt like I might drown, then switched to legs only till the same, then arms and legs. Then finished up with fourteen lengths.

Saturday 10/2:

3 rds of-
1/3 mile on treadmill on 12% incline @4.6 mi pace
10 lat pull downs @ 90#
30 air squats
20 sit ups/20 leg raises/20 (per side) oblique twists (situps in rd 1, leg raises in rd 2, oblique twists in rd 3)

I didn't do it for time because there was no clock in the room. I bought a watch with a timer for just this sort of instance, but didn't have it on me. I just went through the exercises as fast as i could and aimed for unbroken everything. Unbroken is one of those things I haven't yet mastered... The ability to keep pushing through those last few (or sometimes not so few) reps. I'm better with time priority than task. Tell me I have ten seconds left on a box jump, I'm likely to crank out as many as possible in that time, but tell me i have ten more reps and I'm likely to stop, take a breath and then finish. Guess we all have shit to work on, no??

Then I swam a quick lap in the pool to cool off and laid out by the pool and started The Alchemist by Paolo Cuehlo. Lovely little Saturday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment