Saturday, October 16, 2010

Charles Staley seminar on Oly Lifting - day 1 of 2

Saturday 10/16/10.
Nutrition:
Pure protein bar.

1/2 extra big chocolate muscle milk (during oly lifting training).

Lunch at Flat Top Grill - 3 oz chicken, stirfried with broccoli, spinach, peppers, a few pineapple chunks, mushrooms, and green onions plus Indian coconut curry sauce, garlic and sriacha sauce.

1/2 extra big chocolate muscle milk (at end of oly lifting training).

Barbacoa burrito bowl from Whole Foods- 4 oz barbacoa steak, 1 1/2 T guacamole, pico de gallo, and lettuce.

And... Later on I will be having copious amounts of alcohol.

Later on's update is... I think I drank 4 vodka sodas, plus a car bomb (amazing...happy bday Erin), a shot of tequila...

And I was starving coming home. And wanted fucking taco bell. Like really wanted it. I settled for 1 oz of no salt turkey deli meat. Ugh.
--
Workout:
9am- 3pm Olympic Lifitng training seminar with Charles Staley.

Great day!! Worked first on cleans, then snatches, then jerks. Broke for lunch and then returned to snatches, and then put together the clean and the jerk. Worked up to 73# snatch, 30% off my prev ugly as shit 1RM, which didn't make me especially happy but it was okay. I then worked up to a 103# clean and jerk, which was only 10% off my prev 1RM, which felt great. I wanted to push for 108, but I was tired. I recognized that I had reached my end for the day so didn't try it. But tomorrow!! Tomorrow I'm getting it. Actually tomorrow I'm hitting 125#. :) Charles suggested writing it down ahead of time... Not waiting until you hit the PR but announcing it first. Making it happen. So, I'm making it happen. Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment