Thursday, October 14, 2010

Days 2-4... Coulda been worse...

Monday 10/11/10.
2 eggs + 1 egg white, 1 cup coffee plus non-dairy sugary creamer.

2 turkey burgers.

~8 oz. Shrimp + 1/4 red pepper + handful of lettuce + green goddess dressing salad

~2 1/2 glasses effen black cherry vodka. Handful of peanut butter m&ms. Too much effen to get a clear picture as to how many sunchips I had. Damn sunchips.
---

Tuesday 10/12/10. Flight from LA to VA.

2 eggs + 1 egg white, plus 1 1/2 cup coffee plus non-dairy but sugary creamer.

Turkey + mozeralla + tomato + pesto mayo sandwich (sans the bread... and mostly sans the pesto mayo since that was mostly just on the bread). And a little bit of pasta salad. Oops.

1/2 - 3/4 cup "Meat mush" with 1 T ketchup (this is Elijah's go-to protein packed creation... Grd turkey, grd beef?, onions, wheat germ, probably some eggs). Sounds kinda weird but tastes like meatloaf. Surprisingly tasty.

---definitely not enough food for a normal whole day, but I was on a place for much of it so didn't need that much energy.---
--

Wednesday 10/13/10.
3 egg whites + 1 T cheddar cheese. First scrambled eggs in months. Delicious!

Post-wod muscle milk lite

Diet a&w root beer. 1/4 lb. low sodium chicken deli meat

Pre-cardio circuits 1/4 lb. low sodium chicken deli meat

Post-wod muscle milk lite

2 1/4 lb. Turkey burgers with cheese and 2 T salsa.

WOD at CF Lorton.
Strength work: 5x5 overhead squats.
My Chiro cleared me to workout but just told me to be careful. This past wkend he said absolutely no overhead work, but Monday he did clear me officially. On my first warmup set of 5 with the 33# bar I could feel my shoudlers tense and tighten right around the base of my neck, which I thought was not a good thing, but it wasn't a sharp pain or anything, more like a warning sign. So, I decided that I could still do OH squats today, but I went pretty light (only went up to 63#) and stuck to sets of 3 instead so as not to aggravate it. Until my last set, which I pushed to 5 reps unnecessarily. Which was probably stupid.

Metcon- 3 rds of:
1 min power cleans @ 135/95#
1 min rest
1 min burpee pull ups
1 min rest
1 min jerks @ 135/95#
1 min rest.

Rd 1: 11/9/6
Rd 2: 9/12/4
Rd 3: 10/10/4. Total 75.

2nd workout of the day...

Cardio circuits at Gold Medal Grappling.
2 rds:
1 min of stairs, hammer slam, giant tire box jumps (21-24in?), deadlifts at 135#, burpees, rest

Followed by, I dunno, twenty-thirty minutes of boxing? I rested as needed for a few seconds, but worked as hard as I could for a long time. I was surprised by my cardio endurance today.. I expected to be hurting much more during the workout at GMG, but I actually felt super strong and capable, even though I haven't been CFing as much as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment