Thursday, June 2, 2011

Back to the IF grind... Weds and Thurs

So, I realized this weekend that I'm doing IF without any specific goal in mind, and that isn't going to really work for me, unless I'm intending on making it a lifestyle change, which I'm not.

Eff.

So I'm working on figuring out exactly what I want from this so that I can focus my nutrition and WODs somehow. Right now I'm basically working towards getting stronger, faster, and leaner... but other than that I don't really have any specific goals, so how will I know if I'm actually achieving any goals if I have nothing to mark my progress against?

So, that's on my plate to figure out. This week. Until then...

...Back to the usual...

Wednesday...
6am - wake-up. I got 5 hrs of sleep yesterday on the plane and then went to bed at 1030 last night, so no surprise i woke up early!
8am - 8oz mate tea.
10am - 16oz mate + ayurvedic chai tea.
10am - a-coach
1:15pm - break-the-fast. Baja Fresh shrimp fajitas (no cheese or tortillas, just ~8oz shrimp, sauteed onions & peppers, pico de gallo, jalepenos, and some guac and sour cream). Tasted pretty damn salty and I was craving sugary dessert afterward for about 30 min-1 hr. 24oz iced black tea.
4:15pm - wasn't sure I was hungry yet but wanted to eat before I worked out and wanted to eat relatively far away from my WOD. ~4oz chicken and homemade salsa. fish oil, multi-vitamin, 3x vitamin C, quercitin, and stinging nettle (last 2 for allergies).
6:00pm - 10g BCAA
6:00pm - Helen (3 Rds: 400m run, 21 kbs @ 1 pood, 12 pull-ups). Meh. Pushed well in rounds 1 and 2 but really fell off on rd 3. Thought I was for SURE going to puke on the last run so dialed it back a bit. KBS unbroken in rds 1 and 2, 10-11 in rd 3. Broke not because I had to b/c of muscle fatigue but b/c I was really trying not to puke. Right around 9 minutes or so I wouldn't say I hit the wall but I will say I just couldn't push myself like I could in the earlier minutes. Need to work pushing through this 8-12 minute metabolic pathway for sure. Time: 12:32
7:15pm - 7ish egg whites, brocoli, clover sprouts, cooked with 2 T coconut milk. Didn't actually finish my dinner so not really sure how much I ate. Probably 6-7 egg whites worth.
8pm - Coaching class. Designed to teach the a-coaches the Team CrossFit way of teaching movements. Discussed squats and press mostly.
9:05pm - 1 paleo cookie (walnut flour, honey, cinnamon, egg whites) made by one of our members. Not bad.
11:05pm - now. i'm a little tired, and starting to get hungry. i'm going to bed.
--

Thursday
9:15am - wake up. Oops. Forgot to set my alarm. What a long night of sleep!
10:30am - 20 oz iced mate + ayurvedic tea
11am - started working into push presses intending on hitting a metcon with approx 15 reps of 85% of my 1RM, but had trouble getting under 100# - couldn't get my wrists under the bar... weird. just felt weak and super inflexible. Decided that meant I should take the morning off and just used the lacrosse ball on my wrists/forearms/lower triceps for about 20 minutes. OUCH. And obvi necessary.
12:45pm - mixed greens, 4 oz. steak, portabellas, sauteed onions and peppers, bit of cheese. Large mocha americano (americano plus a bit of cocoa powder... yum) with a little half and half (no heavy cream available).
3:00pm - few bites of yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Yum. I mean, oops.
5:00pm - 10g BCAA
5:00pm - Heavy Metal WODs...
3 rds of 200m run & 10 burpee pull-ups,
then 10 minutes to work up to 93# clean & jerk,
then 25 min capped metcon of:
4 C&J @ 93#
3 wall-climb overs (climb over a 6 foot fucking wall!)
10 shoot-throughs (on paralettes do a push-up, shoot legs forward with hips bridged, then paralette dip, then shoot the legs back through = 1 rep...surprisingly hard),
3 reps woman makers (with 15# dumbell in right hand do a push-up, stand & squat snatch with dumbell then stand, switch dumbell to left hand and repeat = 1 rep)
Finished 2 woman makers shy of 4 rds at 25 min cap. Finished out the 4th rd after time cap.
7:20pm - 6oz salmon burgers with sauteed onions, mixed mushrooms, asparagus, and brussel sprouts finished off with an egg on top. Used avocado oil to cook the food, a bit of balsamic vinegar on the veggies, and sea salt to taste. The bruseel sprouts didn't really add to the flavor combo, but didn't really retract either. Everything else combo'ed nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment