Tuesday, June 21, 2011

First day of what will be my new lead coaching schedule + cheat-tastic

5:45am - venti red eye with 2 splenda

6am- 8am - a-coach

8:30am - grande red eye 1 splenda

9am a-coach

10:45am - wod! 10 min AMRAP: 10 WB, 5 dead-hang pullups

Total rds: 8 + 4 WB.

12pm - 3.5 oz grilled chicken breast over mixed greens, home roasted peppers, carmelized onions, grilled eggplant with avocado oil and balsamic (YUM)

3:30pm - 3oz grilled chicken breast

5pm- 7pm - a-coach

7:45pm - egg white omelette with chicken sausage, carmelized onions on top of brocoli. with two fried eggs on top :) Yum. Omelettes for dinner. Who knew I would love them THIS much?! (or fried eggs so much i'd put them on top of eggs!).

Sometime after dinner, I was craving a dessert. I thought, I know, coconut milk + chocolate protein powder. That'll do it. I even added a touch of heavy cream. Didn't satiate me. So I thought, okay, something else not so cheaty... well, I roasted a shit ton of beets today. So... beets and goat cheese. I even threw a few blueberries on top. Nope. Didn't help. At this point, I'm not even hungry I just want something sweet and I work out really hard and it's not like I have a competition coming up soon and i think it's fucking allowed once in awhile.

And I was so pissed about the non-satisfying "cheats" that were taking up room in my stomach. Mad that I'd wasted room in my tummy for that shit when I could've just skipped all the bullshit and gotten something that I actually wanted.

So I'm decided. I'm having two cheats per week. And not "cream in my coffee" cheats but an actual real cheat. Not like a whole day of cheating or a whole meal gone wild, but a cheat item that I want and that I'm excited about. That I'll work to earn.

So I went to the frozen yogurt place and got fro-yo, all kinds of flavors (cookies n cream, chocolate cheesecake, and mint) with fat free brownie bites and reece's cups on top. And then, I finally felt better. Like I'd rewarded myself. And, no, I don't feel bad about it at all. I actually feel better, knowing that I'm going to allow myself some leniency without shame going forward.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Actual cheats are much better than fake cheats in the long run.

    ReplyDelete