Monday, June 20, 2011

SoCal Regionals wkend!

As usual, getting to watch an event as exciting and awe-inspiring as Regionals I got excited. At North Central Regionals I was focused on two things: judging and supporting my team members while they fought for their rankings as members of the elite.

This weekend however, I watched and cheered. I had no personal vested interest in anyone making it in to the games (preferences of course, Kris Clever is one of my all-time favorite badasses, Becca Voigt, Kenneth Leverich, Tory Morgan, Josh Bridges of course, and new favorite Heather Scaglione...

...Heather Scaglione separated her shoudler during Amanda (WOD 5). She was ranked 5th in the SoCal Regiona and so continued competing - moved on toWOD 6 where she rowed 20 calories one-armed, compelted 30 burpees one-armed, 40 GTO @ 35# screaming and fighting to complete every single rep using both arms, and completed some TTB - which to me were the most impressive things I've ever seen. She had to use her left arm to lift her right arm and place her hand on the pull-up bar, and then held on for dear life and completed a series of TTB. BADASS does not even begin to describe this girl and her ability to fight through adversity. Holy fucking shit.

...plus new friends of mine or friends of friends like Shirley Brown repping CF Los Angeles whose team ranked thirs, yaaay!!, Jason Friendman, and Kathy Borkoski. Amazing work these people put themselves through.

So this weekend I had a lot more time to think. Time to think about what the hell I am doing with my life. And I realized that I have this amazing opportunity to really do whatever the hell I want to do right now. I've felt so trapped much of my life following in other's footsteps or following along for the ride... and now it's just me. And really, for the first time I am asking myself,

What do I want to do?

I mean, I've asked myself that before, but generally I have no real answer. "I have things I like, to do, but nothing specific that I really want to do." I've said that shit a thousand times. Not today though. Today, and really thanks to an awesome convo with this girl Allison whom I really like from TCF over the weekend that got this line of thinking started. I wanna train. Myself. I wanna get stronger, faster, leaner, meaner, than ever. I wanna chance to compete in the Games, whether as an individual or on a team I don't care, I just wanna be up there. Can I get there? Who the fuck knows. But I'm strong. And with improved tecnhique and serious training... maybe. If I can go from not being able to run 800m to picking up and running a half marathon, why can't I? I love CrossFit. Everyone knows this. So why shouldn't I try and really make it my life? Competing, coaching, training? Maybe one day I'll get good enough and train trainers for HQ.

I generally avoid posting goals or things that seem inconceivable, or even admitting them aloud because I may not achieve them. But fuck it, if you read my blog then you probably already love me and will love me regardless of me achieving my goals, and maybe you'll be a positive influencein HELPING me reach my goals. And if not, who really cares what you think? I can probably beat you up anyway ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment