Tuesday, March 2, 2010

1st Qualifier WOD for the A-Team

Qualifier Wod. Current Rank: 5th
3 rds: 10 thrusters @ 85#/ 10 burpees
8:something. Maybe 8:15? :17?

Got through round 2 at 3:30 and thought I was just gonna crush this wod. Then apparently took a nap. Not sure what took so long in the last rd. Once I realized I wasn't gonna finish before the current 3rd place I stopped and was gonna quit, thinking it didn't matter anymore but then remembered that every place gets points so had to get back in. That likely cost me 4th place in this wod. Idiot. Oh well, back in for another qualifier tomorrow!

Also, followed the metcon up with some power snatch work: 5-3-1 reps of 70-80-90% of max snatch. Too bad I thought my max snatch was 83#. It's actually 78# (I can muscle 83# up, but haven't hit it properly) . Oops. Did 58#-68#-75#. Took a bit to get into a rhythm (plus I was kinda burnt out after the metcon), but the 58# felt good in reps 3-5, 68# felt good on the 3rd rep. The other non-good-feeling reps were mostly muscled-up overhead. When I first learned snatches I couldn't get my ass down into a full squat, so they were all power. Now that I can get down, I hate power snatches. You'd gotta throw the damn bar way too high for my liking. Meh. Then did a few OHS with the pvc, the 15#, and 20# bars. Worked on form and fast sets of 10 at each weight. Felt SUPER easy. Didn't want to go up in weight at all - just waned to run through the motion and get my body more accustomed to this lift.
--
Nutrition
8:35 am - 2 eggs, 7 oz, rainbow chard sauteed in 2/3 T. coconut oil.

11:00am - 8 oz coffee with 1/2 c. coconut milk

1:30 pm - 2 1/2 oz. skate wing sauteed in garlic, pepper, and 1/2 t. avocado oil; 1 1/2 oz. raw kale tossed with 1/2 t. white truffle infused grapeseed oil, 10 cut up blueberries, squeeze of fresh lemon. This wasn't a lot of food in ounces, but kale takes up so much damn room on a plate! We'll see if I get hungry early or if this tides me through to my next meal :)

3:15 pm  [Pre wod] -  Nope. 1 T. cashew butter, 2 oz. no salt rotisserie chicken breast. (Didn't realize this was my pre-wod meal. Forgot that I had to work out at 4!!)

4:00 om [Pre-wod cont'd] - chugged ~8 oz coconut water

4:45 pm [Post wod] - 2 1/2 oz. skate wing sauteed in garlic, pepper, and 1/2 t. avocado oil; ~8 oz coconut water

6-7 pm [During vball] - ~8 oz. coconut water.

7:30 pm - 1 tagalong. I heart Chris Skafidas. After these damn qualifier wods are over I'm eating the other four. Not all at once mind you. The donut coma is still too fresh a memory. I'm keeping them in the freezer so they won't go stale, Chris, don't you worry.

9:30 pm - 4 oz. no salt rotisserie chicken breast sauteed with white truffle infused grapeseed oil and 3 oz. cooked mushrooms on top of 3 oz. kale with lemon and avocado oil. Approx. 1 T. oil total. Plus 1 T. cashew butter.

2 comments:

  1. Do I need to come scream in your face??!! Don't you give up like that! GREAT job on the wod...and great job on getting into your squats...lovin' that and you've worked so hard for it too. Keep going FS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Having you there definitely helps. I like you screaming in my face.

    ReplyDelete