Wednesday, March 3, 2010

HSPUs. How I need you.

A-coached the 6am. Enjoyed being up so early, getting to a-coach under the Big Coach, and starting my day super early so I can end earlier today. Woohoo! Plan to do that again on Friday assuming all goes well with work b/w now and then :)

Warmed up with a 250m row with a 1:45 pace pre-Qual. wod below. Fastest I've ever pulled for that stretch. Getting excited about the upcoming 2k...

Qualifying wod # 2
90/75/60/45/30/15 seconds for max reps of:
Handstand push ups (head must touch floor on each rep, no kipping)
Chest-to-bar pull ups
NOTE: Must attempt at least one HSPU.

Got some scary news right before the wod so was a bit shook up. Wasn't my best performance, but c'est la vie, no? Attempted one HSPU, and then rested the rest of the time while other would have attempted (or gotten) HSPUs. Got a full hand stand negative (ie got my head to the ground... where it stayed for about ten seconds and I pulled off the wall - WHICH, ps, is a PR. I've never gotten a full hand stand negative to the ground before - I've always bailed out early). So, 0 HSPUs. 48 CTB though. Stephanie and I went head to head. She got 49... I got 48. Damn it. Just ONE HSPU would've at least bought me a tie.

Worked HSPUs post-wod to 2 abmats per Bryce's direction. 3-2-3. Had NO problem staying on the wall today which is SUPER weird for me. Never had that happen before actually. I think I prefer the cement block wall to HSPU against.
--
Nutrition

5:30 am - 2 eggs, sauteed rainbow chard. Forgot to measure. It was friggin early. Think it was about 4-5 oz. 1 cup coffee plus ~1/4 c. coconut milk.

11:00 am - 3 oz. sole filet sauteed in 1/2 t. avocado oil; 6 oz. brussel sprouts blanched then sauteed in some water (water that they were blanched in to put the vitamins back into the brussel sprouts), 1/6 t. coconut oil, with 2/3 heavy pinch coconut flakes topped with 10 blueberries (after cooking). Definitely would've been better with less water and more coconut oil and just a few more blueberries. 1 T. cashew butter.

3:30 pm [Pre-wod] - 3 oz. no salt rotisserie chicken breast; 1 T. cashew butter; ~8 oz/ coconut water

5:00 pm [Post wod] - didn't feel like eating. So, nothing.

8:00 pm - 6 oysters, ~3 oz. ribs, ~1 oz. mushrooms with ~1 1/2 oz. egg souffle, 3 small cups coffee with cream (~9 oz. coffee + 1/4 c cream), nutty caramel tart. What?!

No comments:

Post a Comment