Sunday, March 7, 2010

2008 Games Grace WOD

2008 Games Grace- 
30 reps Clean & Jerks @ 155#/100# (must pass through full squat) for time.
Ten minute cap.
DNF - 27 reps (failed 2 jerks). Finished at 11:11 (?i think? I laid down on the floor once I hit the time cap, and John told me to get up and finish. So I did. Thanks, John.)
I knew this would hurt, but was not prepared for how much it would hurt.

I got all cleans without fail. Yaay! 29 cleans in ten minutes @ 10# below my PR. That's something I'm definitely proud of. I started with (full squat) cleans but as I got tired they slowly became power cleans into front squats. I failed two jerks. I would've had 29 if I hadn't failed those two damn jerks. I probably could've pushed through, no? If I only had one more needed rep? John was counting for me and said my jerks were almost all pressed out at the top. If my technique were better and I could've jerked these instead of pressing them could I have finished? Would I have had been have to push myself enough to finish?

I read Gillian Mounsey's blog about doing double fran. She talked about how double fran crushed her mentally. I read about it the day before this workout... fitting. It's exactly how I felt. I wanted to quit. Desperately wanted to quit. She talked about not being able to will herself to go unbroken. For me it was struggling to will myself to pick up the bar. I haven't done much work at that level of pain, I simple haven't worked at that pain threshold.I remember a row a month or so ago where I paused for a moment in total pain. That's the threshold I'm talking about.

I think that's where I need to starts working. Heavier, faster, and harder than I've ever gone before. I've got to learn to be able to push myself there, stay there and work there.

No comments:

Post a Comment