Monday, March 15, 2010

Last A-Team WOD (Success!!) and Cheatey McCheaterson

Friday - Chipper!!

100 Box Jumps (24'/20")
80 KBS (1.5/1 pood)
60 Wall Balls
40 pull-ups
20 cals on the rower
... last Affiliate Team Qualifying WOD.

And I finished first!!! Okay... first so far. Not everyone has finished. But I was really stoked about my time. Megan, Jess and I went together and I think at some point each one of us had the lead. Of those movements, the weakest link for me was WallBall. I really need to up my game there. That's where I really fell behind. I got to the wall first of the girls and had a bunch of breathing room but they caught up quick b/c they actually strung WBs together... and I just couldn't. I got singles and doubles, and that's just not a competitive pace. Although, I counted for Bryce and his pull-ups were all singles and he was fast as as shit in this wod... but I guess I can only afford to do singles if I'm much faster at every other movement. The BJs were slower than I expected - strung mostly tens. The KBS went better than I expected - sets of 15. Pull-ups weren't where I wanted them to be but I haven't worked them since we moved to the new location. I need to get back on them - they used to be my favorite thing to do and I haven't spent enough time with them lately. I think I was stringing fives and first and then eventually threes. The row hurt more than any row has ever hurt. I was glad to have breathing room there because I thought I was going to die after every pull. It friggin hurt. I was still pleased with the strength of my pulls... getting anywhere b/w 1 and 2 pulls to a calorie (which is good b/c I did not want to pull anymore times than absolutely necessary).
 
So, after that, the weekend was fulla cheats... did a FUN drinking team wod Saturday morning (20 min AMRAP: 50 single-unders, 15 push-ups, 20 Power WB, 12 oz beer) with Billy Q and John A - SO MUCH FUN!! Finished 5 rounds. Drank beer and Jamison shots all day. Passed the f out at 6 pm, and slept till 7 am the next day. Ate like shit - had bagels (delicious), donut holes, corned beef/cream cheese roll-ups in the early afternoon and then didn't eat again that day (smart). Ate like shit Sunday too - Pequod's pizza (almost finished 2 slices peperoni) plus Snickerdoodle cupcake from Sweet Mandy B's... then Texas Queso at dinner, followed 1/2 piece chocolate cake a la mode and 1/2 piece carrot cake with Amy. Mmmhmm. It was a big fat cheaty weekend. I ate some healthy things sporadically in there but all that needs noting for this wkend was my laundry list of cheats.

Active Rest Day Sunday - played 3 games vball. Most fun vball game, maybe ever. I heart Jason, E-Diesel, and Seth. I've never laughed so hard during games!! SUPER fun!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment