Monday, March 8, 2010

CrossFit Total + me = PR! No ice pack today!!!

CROSSFIT TOTAL!!!

CFT = 530 (PR!! Prev CFT was 490)

BS - 190# (prev CFT was 165#, prev PR before that was 185#, so back on track!)
Press - 85# (matched PR)
DL - 255# (prev PR was 240#)

Woo!!

Tonight I was tired of not feeling proud of my wods. I decided that I was gonna go in and fucking lift. I wasn't going to be social, I wasn't going to hang out, I was going to lift heavy ass weights (HAF for Emmitt), and I wasn't going home without a strong showing tonight. Downloaded some angry music (Megadeth, Pantera, Korn, Marilyn Manson, Hatebreed, Godsmack... you get the idea) and then I worked by myself, with music loud enough to block everything else out. Next time I need to get a playlist ready as I constantly flipped around in the beginning, as some Pantera songs that I like to listen to on any other day aren't good for lifting... by the end I gave up and was listening to Marilyn Manson's The Beautiful People on repeat so I wouldn't have to mess with it. Will def set up a good playlist before my 2k row. This was especially beneficial for me. Helped me focus just on me, which is helpful since right now I'm struggling with focus and pushing myself beyond my usual limits/capacity.

A great fucking day.

PLUS, Em mentioned a 10 week deadlift program by Ed Coan (renowned as a 220-lbs powerlifter who has set over 70 world records. 70?!?!) that she wants to try and I think I'm gonna take her up on it. Sounds awesome, and I could use some substantial growth in all my lifts/wods so I'm excited to start it. Here's an interview with Ed Coan. Pretty fucking cool.
http://www.criticalbench.com/Ed-Coan.htm

Great quote from the interview:

Interviewer: "You don't train muscles like biceps?"
Ed Coan: "Nope, biceps are like ornaments on a xmas tree"
--
Not sure if I'm gonna keep posting nutrition... I guess I'll do it awhile longer... it is helpful I think to keep oneself on track. We'll see.
--
Nutrition
8:15 am - 2 eggs; broccoli sauteed in 1 t. coconut oil and red pepper flakes (spicy and YUM!)
9:00 am - coffee w/ 1/8 c. coconut milk
10:30 am - cashew cookie larabar
2:00 pm - ~6 oz. hamburger on salad greens with grilled portabellas, carmelized onions, avocado, oil, balsamic vinegar, tomatoes; ~9 oz. herbal tea. Delicious.
6:30 pm [Pre-wod] - 3 oz. grilled tuna steak; ~6 oz. coconut water; 8 oz. coffee + 1/8 c coconut milk.
8:30 pm [Post-wod] 2 oz no salt turkey breast, ~3 oz. coconut water.
Didn't feel like making dinner after the workout, so skipped it. One missed meal won't kill me, right?

1 comment:

  1. awesome achievement on the PR's, I could tell you were in the zone, I am going to have my bluetooh headphones ready too go for the 2k for sure, I am going too ask rudy if I should follow a program similar maybe with squats and cleans, snatches since that is what we work with the most.

    ReplyDelete