Monday, March 29, 2010

Nice to see you again, old friend.

Soooo... it's been awhile. I know. I'm not very good at this keeping at this sort of thing. I came back though didn't I?

Let's see... the number of cupcakes I've had since Sectionals... at least six. The number of cupcakes I've had since moving to Chicago in August 2007... probably also six. Seriously?! What's my deal? No more cheating. Well, okay, no more big sugar craving indulgences... like delicious cupcakes. I don't think I'll make it until Regionals without a few cheats... like the Beer pairing dinner at Publican that I'm totally stoked about next Monday :) I think trying to go an entire month without cheating would be a huge pain in my ass and I just don't wanna do it. So I'm gonna allow a few minor cheats... minor. If I could cut it down to 1 cheat meal per week I think I'll be good as gold. And hopefully not a full cheat meal each time, hopefully just 1 cheat item in that meal. We'll see.

I have a calendar listing all the CFC programmed workouts, all my supplemental wods and any other active things (like volleyball and trips to Roger and Mike's for oly lifting work). I've decided to put off the Deadlift work until after Regionals so I can focus on bigger weaknesses (double-unders, HSPUs, OH squats, running most specifically) that might trip me up there. It's a little absurd, my calendar... but I feel good about it.

Yesterday's Regionals Tune-up WODs:

WOD 1: In 12 minutes, find 1RM snatch. Add 2lb bonus for each muscle-up completed.
Score = 85#- 7#PR! Attempted MUs pre-wod but I just don't have them so didn't bother during the 12min.
WOD 2: 3 rds for time of: Row 500m, 21 Kettlebell Swings (20kg), Run 400m.
Time = A year. Will check the actual time and repost later tonight.
WOD 3: AMRAP in 10 minutes of: 6 Squat cleans (95#), 9 CTB Pull-ups, 12 BJ (20").
Score = 3 rds + 6 Cleans + 2 CTB

What a killer day. The 2nd WOD kicked my ass. Lung burn like I have NEVER felt it before. Whooping cough forever afterward.

During the 2nd wod literally thought I couldn't finish during the 2nd row and the 3rd run. It felt absolutely horrendous. I think I only made it through that event b/c of Kurt shouting in my ear on the row and Rudy/Zack/E-Diesel guiding me in on that last run. Need to start working in that awful pain threshold more often so I can push harder in it and not cash out. You know that place where you wanna die? Yea, I'm saying I need to get there more often (what?! does that sound ridiculous to anyone else?). It's weird though - as much as I thought my last rds were horrendous and felt like I was quitting and not pushing hard enough - I wasn't that far off my time from the earlier rounds... so, somehow I think I'm managing it okay, I'm just not sure what to do while in that place and instead of looking outward to a coach I need to learn to look inward and push through it.

Then, 3 games of volleyball. Felt great while playing actually - super open hip flexors, no muscle fatigue, just the tiniest bit sluggish on a couple plays. Served deeper and harder than usual, which was fun and unexpected. Totally expected to feel like shit b/c of all the work I did earlier in the day but actually felt pretty awesome.

1 comment: