Friday, March 5, 2010

If you can dodge a wrench...

A-coached the 11 on Thursday. Jogged to and from the box about 5-6 minutes each way for 0.5 miles. Jog there felt nice and leisurely, jog back felt like shit. I was gonna try and sprint and see how quickly I could make it home but I did not feel good. I'm guessing it was b/c I was hungry? Or, hate the cold (it felt colder later in the day. Weird.)? Or, maybe b/c I hate running and haven't done it is so long my body was rebelling... Looking forward to the 5k run tomorrow!!

Friday - coached my first class today! Didn't get to plan for it, but I think I did alright. Didn't feel nervous or unsure (except for a few moments here and there - "Can we have music?" "Ummm, suuuure, I can make this thing work... somehow"). Was a difficult class for just one coach (esp a new coach) as four separate workouts were going on at once, one of which included instructing athletes on muscle-ups! Felt good about it though - was able to move around the room (give a few instructions, watch for the first few tries and then have them repeat the motions while I walked around to check on others, come back for step 2, etc.).

Ran a 5k today. I've ALWAYS hated running. ALWAYS. First 5k run ever was by myself after I'd been CrossFitting for about 6 mos. 8/2009: sub 47 mins. Yeah. THAT bad. 2nd 5k was in 11/2009: 31:07. Today: 28:44. Woot. I may start running sometimes. Running sprints and running longer runs. To include 5ks. What? Who am I??

The new Skinny Pete 5 k is a slightly longer run (3.22 mi). Also, I almost died running into the black pit of despair (front hallway), and then toppled over Murph who was proud of my improved run pace... so much so that he ran right under my feet and tried to jump up as I tried to cross the finish line. Yaay me! for not biting it in front of everyone at the box. It was close though.

OHS work - 5-3-1+ reps @ 57#, 65#, 73#. Got 2 reps at 73. Struggled getting my butt back first. Haven't played much with OHS and heavier weights. I've been working on super light weights and multiple reps but haven't spent enough time on reps at heavier weights. Guess I know what I need to do. What was I thinking anything, working low weights repeatedly?? Constantly varied means... well, constantly varied. silly girl.

And then, I played Dodgeball with E-Diesel. I couldn't believe I agreed to play but she needed another girl and, seriously? It was a lot of fun. A lot. Would totally do it again :)

Didn't track nutrition yesterday or today. Meh. I'm pretty okay with that. Ate paleo. Gotta head to bed. It's 1 am and I've gotta a-coach and wod tomorrow first thing.

OH and I ordered some great CF shirts and they came in today. Awesome shirts. I heart CF.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for playing kerr! We needed you for sure. It's so much fun :).

    ReplyDelete