Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"I'm no longer wincing when I watch you do an OH squat"

Workout:
Strength set - OH Squat 5x1 @ 80#. I used my 1RM b/c I know that isn't the heaviest I can go based on strength, I'm just being limited by my  horrendous form. And when I say horrendous, please know I am not exaggerating. Need to remember to lead with my butt and not let my knees drift forward. Today I practiced getting down into an OH squat in front of a bench - about four-five inches away. Need to repeat that with a PVC until it becomes natural. I did make progress. It's still really ugly, but Rudy managed to give me a pretty big compliment about it after I worked it for awhile... see the title of this blog.

Met con was an AMRAP. 12 min: 5 burpees, 10 pull ups, 15 sit ups. Post WOD skill - 3 x max handstand push ups with 1 controlled negative at conclusion of each set (90 seconds rest)

6 Rounds + 5 burpees/10 pull-ups/6 sit-ups

Used the fat bar since I need to get used to working on it. Strung 5/5 the first 2 sets, then broken into 2/3s after. Started ripping my left hand down near my palm, realized I was overgripping and loosened my grip a bit, sorta releasing/relaxing my grip once my chin was over the bar. Then I ripped on my right hand. Go figure. Not bad though, doesn't hurt today at all.

Good workout. Kept moving throughout but would've like to be closer to unbroken on the pull-ups. Need to work on those on the new bar more.
--
8:30 am (ish) - 2 eggs, ~4oz rainbow chard.
12:30 pm (ish) - 4 oz. assorted butter lettuce, 2 oz. baked eggplant, 3 oz. grilled sole with 1 t. avocado oil + balsamic vinegar
3:30 pm - ~2 T. cashew/almond/macadamia nut butters, 3 slivers dried organic apples (no sugar/additives). i c. chocolate puerh tea with 2 T. coconut milk.
5:45 pm [Pre-wod] - 3 oz. grd. lamb with ~4 oz. rainbow chard and 4 slivers dried organic apples.
10:30 pm - steak fajita meat with onions and red peppers (whole thing was probably 10 oz. though I'm not sure of the ratio vegis:meat). Ate some of the rice & refried beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment