Monday, March 29, 2010

Almost made it a full rest day. Almost.

Intended on taking a full rest day to recover from yesterday's killer day. Almost made it the whole day... but then decided I wanted to get some double-under work in just after 9pm. Not an especially successful DU day. Felt sluggish with the rope and was even struggling to string 50 singles, so decided to call it a day instead of letting myself get frustrated... well, that plus after I had worked for about 8 minutes my neighbors decided to pound on the wall to let me know they didn't like it when I jumped around in the apartment (whatever). But, then I was itching for some kind of metcon so went out for a run. Ran 1.52 miles in somewhere b/w 11 and 13 mins (which is b/w a 7:20 and 8:40 mile pace)... which is actually good for me, especially if it was on the low end. Need to actually buy a stopwatch. Jackass. I sprinted every other block to give myself something interesting to do. Didn't want to keep sprinting every other block towards the end of the run but forced myself to suck it up and do it.

Nutrition:
9:30 am - 2 eggs over asparagus, mushrooms and onions sauteed in coconut oil. Dash of pink Himalayan sea salt.
11:30 am - 1 c. coffee w/ 1/4 c. coconut milk. Added a bit of vanilla creme muscle milk and then felt bad about it. It's still higher in Glycemic Index then I need if I'm not working out. Bad girl. Only post-wod (or in b/w wods). Delicious though ;)
2:30 pm - 4 oz. slice of lamb roast (prepared by WF with sea salt-otherwise paleo) with lettuce, cucumbers, yellow peppers with 1 t. walnut oil and ~2 t. balsamic vinegar.
4:45 pm - 3 oz. no salt rotisserie chicken breast, 1 cashew cookie larabar, 8 oz. coconut water consumed over the next 2 hrs.
8:30 pm - ~2 oz. Chopped CDL salad leftovers with ~ 1 1/2 oz. chicken; 2 oz sole sauteed in coconut oil. Started craving something sweet so did DUs/ran instead. Pretty effective actually - I didn't crave sweet after my run. Instead I'm gonna take a hot bath, maybe enjoy some sleepytime tea and watch some oly videos!! Woooo!!

2 comments:

  1. I think I could drink Muscle Milk all day. It's like an ice cream shake. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the neighbors banging on the wall...classic!

    ReplyDelete