Wednesday, May 11, 2011

40 reps of DL @ 65% is my nightmare

Nutrition
9:15am - 2 eggs, 1 egg white. 6oz iced tea.

2:00pm - 24oz. iced tea, and sushi! todays sushi was not as paleo as the last time - i definitely ate rice today, plus prob 2T soy sauce. Prob ate ~6 pieces of sushi (with rice), and ~4oz sashimi (sans rice). 1/2 packet of peanut m&ms.

6:45pm - just under 2oz. no sodium turkey breast

9:00pm - 1 banana, 1 egg, 1/4 turkey burger, 1/4 red pepper

**I know I cheated on paleo today. I know. But it was my friend's bday celebration, and we all just ordered sushi for the table, which makes it a bitch to stay clean because i love sushi. AND, once I knew where we were going for lunch, I planned my workout to fit the cheat. If you're going to cheat and have rice and sodium, it's much better to do it when you're doing something static like a 1RM DL, versus some sort of explosive movement (like a clean) or some sort of crazy long endurance work. Oh, and peanut m&ms are delicious. I've been craving chocolate on and off for 2 wks. I did however take a magnesium supplement today to curb those cravings from now on.**

Workouts:
7:30pm - 1mile run. Time - 7:40. PR!

9:00pm - 1RM Deadlift. 262# PR!

9:40pm - Metcon. Originally planned to do 3 rds of:

20 GHD
15 DL @ 65% 1RM
10 pull-ups

…BUT the DLs were so fucking heavy and my back was sore as a mother by rep 8 of rd 1, so I decided to split up the DLs and change the WOD format to be more manageable and so that it wouldn’t put me out for a few days. I changed the wod to:

Rd 1: 20 GHDs, 10 DL @ 65% 1RM, 10 pull-ups, 10 DL @ 65% 1RM
Rd 2: 20 GHDs, 5 DL @ 65% 1RM, 10 pull-ups, 5 DL @ 65% 1RM
Rd 3: 20 GHDs, 5 DL @ 65% 1RM, 10 pull-ups, 5 DL @ 65% 1RM.

Don’t get me wrong… it still fucking hurt but it was for sure more manageable breaking up the DLs versus trying to bang out a set of 15 at once. Time - 13:11

Then, as a pre-emptive strike to avoid back pain tomorrow, I iced my back, ate an extra fish oil pill, and sat in the hot tub for 10 mins till the night security guard kicked me out. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment