Friday, May 13, 2011

Day One IF - Success!

I'm gonna change the way I track things b/c with IF timing of meals is important, so I'll be blogging in a more linear format with meals and wods together so I can see how things fit together better.

7:30am - wake up.

8:45am - 16 oz. coffee with 1 T half and half

9:15am - 10g BCAA (Purple Wraath - purple lemonade flavor... not bad)

9:20am - Find 1RM OHS. 93#. Failed at 98# twice and stopped b/c I ran out of time (had to a-coach at 10am). I think I could've gone heavier but I need time to really work on my OHS. Way more time that I need for other lifts b/c of my lack of stability, flexibility, and control on this movement.

11:00am - 10g BCAA.

1:30pm - large salad (so large i couldn't finish it!) with mixed greens, sautéed onions and peppers, approx 3.5 oz grilled chicken [~28g protein], 1 T. Poblano ranch dressing. This meal should've had more protein but I was eating out. I'll try and eat more protein in my later meals today to balance.

5:00 pm - Metcon.

4 Rds for time of:
4 OHS @65% (which loosely came to 63#)
100m row
3 OHS @65%
100m row
2 OHS @65%
100m row
1 OHS @65%
100m row

Time: 23:14. OHS were a bear as usual and only got 4 unbroken in rd 1 and 4. I got a shooting pain in the pad of my left hand directly below my thumb. It continued to pulse and hurt throughout the wod but stopped the shooting pain. Some kinda nerve thing I guess. Awesome. Coach James pointed out that I'm squatting with my feet too wide and Coach Heidi pointed out that my grip is too wide. Thank god I'm attending the mobility cert this wkend I have GOT to fix my OHS.

7:30pm - Last meal before the fast! 9 egg whites [31.5g protein] (with so many spices! garlic, cloves, chives, pinch of sea salt, YUM!), and brussel sprouts & beet & walnut salad and butternut and yellow squash and zuchini salad tossed in olice oil. SUCH a tasty meal. I mean to have another in b/w these two but I didn't have time in b/w running errands and getting to the gym at 5, but that's good it means I can eat less and get by fine so that should be a lesson to me! Although I was starting to get hungry - and only made it till last meal b/c I was working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment