Sunday, May 15, 2011

Days 2 and 3... Weekend in Portland!

7:15am - wake up. Planning to make today 2-10pm feeing window because I'll be landing traveling to Portland for my mobility cert. I leave LA at 2:30 and arrive in Portland at 6:10pm, and have a dinner reservation at 8:30pm. It's only an hour later than yesterday and I'll be busy so I don't think this should be a problem. We'll see :)

8:30am - 16 oz dirty chai tea (brewed chai tea with a shot of espresso)

9:00am - a-coach

10:00am - 10g BCAA.

10:00am - Metcon.

6 rounds tabata of each movement
135# side-shuffle sled pull (for total meters)
Heavy hammer slam (total reps)
Row (total calories)
Sit-ups (total reps)
20" box jumps (total reps)

Total points: 230m/60/37/?/?.

11:15am - 10g BCAA

2:15pm - 8oz americano with a tiny bit of heavy cream... So delicious... 4oz no salt turkey breast with maybe 3 oz. Zucchini/squash/brussels sprouts/yellow beet salad mixes... had more food and more coffee but couldn't finish them (wtf?!).

5:30pm - 2 oz no salt turkey breast, 5 oz. veggie mix from above. Wanted to finish the food I had and per the Martin's (www.leangains.com) suggestion wanted to make sure I wasn't too hungry at dinner so i didn't make bad choices while eating out.

9:30pm - Italian cured meats (less than 1 oz), 2 sliced figs, 3 olives. Tiny Beet salad. 3 1/2 oz halibut. 4 baby tiny grapefruit wedges. Tiny, but delicious, food at the restaurant. 1/3 dark chocolate brownie thingy (what?! so much for that no bad choices game plan). espresso.

--
I cant believe how good i feel today. I'm down 2 lbs since thurs day morning (it's Saturday), which isn't anything to speak of since I go up down within 2# throughout most weeks, but its the way that I FEEL. I feel leaner, I feel like my diest is cleaner than usual, and seriously i feel amazing. Strong, lean, just amazing. I expected getting used to the diet to be hard to uncomfortable but it hasn't been, it's been cake. Which maybe i should say b/c I shouldn't have any but whatever I feel fucking good.
--

Day three. Sunday. Mobility Cert Day!! Rest Day, though worked on some mobility throughout the day (9-4).

6:30am - wake up.

8:30am - 12 oz americano with 3 shots espresso

12:30pm - 6 oz no salt turkey breast. Forgot to pack veggies for my cert. Oops. 2 tsp fish oil, 2 magnesium, 1 multi vitamin. Maybe i should include those from now on so i remember to take them.

4:30pm - 4 oz. Steak, more fatty than usual (which is ok b/c it was a rest day) was part of the new york strip of a t-bone. Also a little bit of spinach and strawberry salad (i didn't realize it was dressed in some sort of sugary sauce so only had a few bites out of politeness to the people who had prepared it) i ate because I was feeling kinda tired and off... I mean, it was the first day on IF without a workout... Plus the first meal didn't really satiate me and so I was gonna grab a chicken salad from somewhere but as I walked out of the gym (CrossFit X-Factor in Portlamd - I got my mobility cert today!!) the warehouse next door was having a BBQ and offered me a steak!

7:30pm - beets and mixed greens with a few bites of orange, 1 1/2 T goat cheese, a bit of olive oil, and a few hazelnuts. 7 oz rotisseries chicken. 6 asparagus. 2 1/2 c chamomile tea.

2 comments:

  1. thanks :) it was phenomenal. totally changed everything for me actually.

    ReplyDelete