Thursday, May 19, 2011

I GOT A 3:16 GRACE?!?!?!

I would like to start this post by saying HOLY SHIT!!!!!

We did Grace tonight. And I raced the top guys in my gym. And they beat me, but... I mean... I just by a little bit. We were demoing what a "real" Grace should look like to get the other athletes in the class ready and excited to compete and I was hoping for sub-5, I really believed that was an achievable goal for me. I finished in 3 fucking minutes and 16 fucking seconds. I didn't think that was possible. It's the first nasty girls wod that I finished without gaming it or breaking it up significantly... and it's the first one I've ever been on the leaderboard for. I mean, once with Linda but it wasn't Linda rx'd it was for the Linda challenge and I wasn't competing in the heaviest lifting group!

I actually jerked, first of all, and didn't push press except for a few reps. Last time I did a half Grace I psh pressed a bunch and went 5/5/5, and needed that rest in between the fives. And I finished just those 15 reps in 2:30ish sometime.

3:16?! I'm so damn excited I might have peed a little. Just now. And it's six hours later.

... Seriously, I'm so excited :) :) :) ...

...So, Nutrition. And workout (3:16 grace!)

9:15am - 16oz JavaMate tea. Yum. Coulda been a stronger though the caffeine was more than enough. Remarkable.

9:30am - 20 min mobility for hips and shoulders.

2:30pm - started eating later. by accident - i got busy. which worked out so I could have dinner later than usual. Perfect :) Thai sweet potato soup. With a seaweed, um, crackery thing. I don't remember what it was. Besides delicious. Followed by 3 oz. grilled chicken.

4:15pm - about 2 1/2 oz salsa cooked chicken & some peppers and tomatoes. Prepared a big ole batch of salsa and chicken for the week... soo good.

6:45pm - 10g BCAA.

7:00pm - GRACE! Did I mention I did it in 3:16? wtf?! I will cheer and blush and smile like an idiot all DAY about this because I may never do another wod this fast ever. And I got my first butterfly pull-up! I can do them in singles now. I can get the legs going for 6 reps without my chin driving above the bar, OR i can get my chin over one time and fall miserably out of rhythm. Coach Joynier worked with me for awhile on these tonight. I'm so close! Finally! GOD today felt good!!

9:00pm - 6oz grilled swordfish with salad of arugula, spinach, a few butternut squash bites, some red peppers and a bit of fig/walnut balsamic vinegarette. Prob approx 17 almonds/peanuts - roasted and coated with berries/honey/salt/pepper/deliciousness. 2-3 glasses red wine. And, nope! I didn't feel guilty at all.

12:45am - ummm... 1/4 glass of red wine until I remembered that this might be cheating. Well, the earlier meals had some cheating on paleo, but this was cheating on IF. Which is not allowed. So I poured the rest out. my b.

4 comments:

  1. Badass time, Kerry! And I saw a bit of the video... you look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it again! I want to check a video! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks!! I think we're doing a leaderboard face off next week! i'll see if i can get someone to tape it - hell i wanna watch it myself!

    ReplyDelete