Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 11 - Monday. Back on track with a two-a-day

8:00am - wake up.

8:30am - 24oz mate and ayurvedic teas.

11:15am - 10g BCAA.

11:30am - 1st metcon of the day:

3 rounds for time of:
2 - Front Squats @ 75% [115#]
12 Pull-ups
3 - Front Squats @ 75% [115#]
8 Box Jump (24 in.)s
5 - Front Squats @ 75% [115#]
4 Ring Dips

Time: 9:05.

1:30pm - 2 HOUR thai massage. So necessary. My arms - specifically triceps and shoulders have been KILLING me for days. When I raise my arms up in front of me like a zombie I'm in terrible pain, and it's worse if from that zombie arm hold i internally rotate so my hands are against my chest and then try and press my elbows up into the sky. that REALLY hurts. I asked for 60-90 min and Anna (who's great) said she needed more time (which she didn't charge me for) because my arms were so wrecked. She literally spent 90% of her time on my arms, and then other 10% on the rest of my body.

4:00pm - Breaking fast?! Now?! Didn't mean to wait so late in the day but the massage therapist said to come then, so I came. Approx 5 oz. tri-tip steak on a Fiesta salad - mixed greens, roasted red peppers & onions, shredded jicama, green onions, diced tomoatoes, 1/4 avocado. approx 1 T. spicy ranch dressing. 20 oz coffee with 4 cream, 4 sugars. Exceptionally delicious coffee. Terrible black, but with cream and sugar it was so good I went back for a second cup (each cup was 10oz)!

7:00pm - a-coach.
8:30pm - Accel gel. Chocolate flavored. Nutritional facts:
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 95 mg
Potassium 40mg
Total Carbohydrate 20g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 10g
Protein 5g
What?! The sugar count is ridiculous! I didn't get a chance to read this until now. Am surprised that Team CF promotes these. Will talk to the coaches there tomorrow about this. Shoulda just had BCAA instead.

8:30pm - 2nd metcon of the day. Was supposed to get in OH squats today at 75% but my arms needed a break. Coach Joynier designed this one:

10 rounds:
7 goblet squats with 26# dumbbell in each hand (total weight 1 pood)
7 box jumps @ 20"
7 sit-ups

Wanted to get another wod in but without using arms. Realized in round 8 that it was all the same muscles I used in this morning's wod. Oops.

10:30pm - 8 egg whites, spices, brussel sprouts + butternut squash cooked in 1 T coconut milk. Yum.

1 comment: