Saturday, May 21, 2011

Delicious totally cheating protein shake (though still paleo)

7:30am - wake up

8:15am - 20oz mate tea.

9:00am - a-coach for Steve
10:00am - stretching/mobility work - my shoulders are wrecked. I want someone to stretch me out.
11:00am - a-coach for Jen

2:00pm - BEST cheaty feeling non-cheat ever! Protein shake made with 1/4 c coconut milk, 1 totally ripe banana, 1 1/2 T cacao nibs, 1 scoop grass-fed whey APS chocolate protein powder, ice, cinnamon, nutmeg. Fat: 27g Carbs: 11g (4g sugar) Protein: 27g. Totally satisfying, delicious and obvi way higher fat content than I usually eat in a meal BUT it's my rest day so I'm allowed a higher fat amount in my first meal. This should totally be my weekend "cheat" from now on. SOOOO much better than the shitty cheats I had last night. Happy Saturday to me!!!
--^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^--
Okay, so... bananas are still cheating. SO I have revised the post to acknowledge that the above shake was in fact a cheat b/c it will not aid my weight loss or leaning out goals or help me improve performance in the gym. Which does not detract from its deliciousness but it was still not a good call. Also, the following day I was craving sweets and cheats all day. And, I lacked my usual restraint. Fuck. Coach Rudy is always right. Damn it. AAAAAND, JJ pointed out I didn't add teh banana into the nutritional info. ACTUAL NUTR'L VALS: Fat: 27g Carbs: 38g (19g sugar) Protein: 27g
--^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^--
4:30pm - 4oz turkey burger, some beet/pepper/spinach salad, and a few bites of eggplant/cucumber salad.

8:00pm - Ran 4.1 miles (same route I ran on 4/29). Last time was 4.1 miles in 47:49.4. I finished in 42:26. PR!! MORE THAN FIVE MINUTE PR!! I heart CrossFit. And Bryce for introducing me to IF. And that Martin guy for coming up with it.

9:00pm - 8 oz egg whites (approx 5.9 egg whites) with 2 oz turkey burger and broccoli (ps i NEVER remember how to spell that damn vegetable). with a SHIT ton of chili powder b/c i accidentally poured from the open top side insteada the sprinkle top side. oops. meh. it was still good. spicy for sure, but good. poured about 1 T coconut milk on the eggs/turkey burger b/c the burger was dry but that didn't cut it so I drizzled maybe 1 T avocado oil on top which did help. made it extra tasty actually. With 9/5 oz coconut water - "Taste Nirvana"  brand is DELICIOUS. My absolute favorite so far. Last meal was approx 38g protein... so a little bit more than usual but wanted the turkey burger for taste and wanted the egg whites for long term fullness, but still within the allowable range of protein for last meal and for the day so i feel good.

4 comments:

  1. Bananas bad! Consider a banana cheating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And whoever told you there's only 11g of carbs and 4g of sugar in a shake that has a whole banana in it just lied to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally forgot to calculate in the banana... i just grabbed the nutritional info from the protein powder, coconut milk and cacao nibs... sigh... the banana adds about 27g of carbs and 15g sugar. Effffff...

    ReplyDelete