Saturday, May 21, 2011

Days 7 & 8

Day 7 (Thursday)
7:45am - wake up

9:00am - 16 oz. mixed MateVana + white ayurvedic chai tea. Yum. And the ayurvedic tea is good for digestion :)

12:00pm - 5 oz chicken cooked in homemade salsa (just veggies, a teensy amount of avocado oil, and spices), with homemade salsa on top of spinach greens, with a splash of balsamic.

2:30pm - 1 oz no salt roasted turkey breast and nitrate free genoa salami. 15 blueberries, 6 blackberries.
3:30pm - nap till 4:45pm. soo sleepy!

4:40pm - slammed down 10g BCAA since I didn't have time to eat.

5:00pm - Heavy Metal! Warmup was a 7 minute AMRAP including sprints and 65# push press (maybe a third movement, but I can't remember). Turns out that was the guys weight but I only found that out in my last rd, so figured fuck it might as well finish at that weight. Don't know how many rds I got through, as I had JUST woken up and was outta my mind at the time.

WOD: 5 rounds for time of:

3 Push Presses 90#
15 Box Jump (24 in.)s
10 Burpee Pull-ups
3 Push Presses 90#
2 Muscle-up progressions

Time: 25 minutes. ish. The clock got turned off, so I'm not 100% sure.

6:45pm - ACCEL gel. Had been wanting to try it for ages. Little chocolatey packet. Not bad.

7:00pm - a-coach for Dan.

...I planned to have dinner but didn't get out of the box until 9 and that was way past my eating window so I skipped last meal. Went and got a massage instead to pass some time, then had a nice long bath and went to bed.

Day 8 (Friday)
7:30am - wake up.

9:00am - 24oz tea: 2/3 My Morning Mate Tea + 1/3 white ayurvedic chai.

11:30am - 10g BCAA

11:45am - Metcon:

5 rounds for time of:
6 Deadlifts @75% 1RM (190#)
100 Jump Rope (Singles)
6 Ring Dips
100 m Sprint


Time: 18:35. This hurt. I dropped almost every DL from the top instead of carrying the load to the ground because it was so damn heavy. Also my left side lower back has been hurting all day from this. Fuck. I iced it once and am gonna ice it again. I also put some arnica on it and even took arnica pills. Intended to throw double unders into a wod today but seriously I just couldn't focus on them. I failed them repeatedly before starting the wod so decided that if i couldn't do doubles today I'd at least punish myself by makinge myself do 5x the number of singles as I would've programmed doubles. That'll learn yo ass.

1:45pm - sashimi salad with 3 oz mixed fish, mixed greend, and cucumbers plus some kinda japanese dressing. 4 tiny pieces of miso broiled eggplant (absolutely spectacular). Still super hungry so ate some of my friend's lunch of tempura veggies (a few bites) and onions/mushrooms/kale in some kinda brown sauce.

4:15pm - 3 oz no salt turkey breast. 15 blueberries, 3 blackberries.

6:45pm - 4oz turkey burger, 1 whole egg, spinach + eggplant cooked with 1/8 c. coconut milk, beets and peppers. Wanted some kind of cheaty chocolate thing to celebrate how good I felt all week and had half of this chocolate bar and was totally disappointed. Not worth the cheat so I threw the rest away.

9:20pm - 1 1/2 c. coffee with creamer. 1/2 snickers bar. WHAT?! I said I wanted a cheaty celebratory thing! I damn well earned it this week thank you very much. And snickers was the best I could do b/c it was all that was at the venue I was at. AND they had free wine after the play which I did NOT have b/c it was after 10pm and that kinda cheating isn't okay. Cheating as in having not perfectly paleo food is one thing, but eating after my feeding window is like being up past curfew. Not allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment