Tuesday, May 10, 2011

OHS is no longer on the suck list

Okay, it's not like I'm great at them. They're still ugly, I'm sure. But I did them in a wod and didn't have to drop the bar ONCE in that wod and they felt the way they're fucking supposed to. Woo! So suck that, Overhead Squat!

Strength set 6am: Back Squat 3x3 @ 155#. These were tough but felt really good. Haven't back squatted in awhile.

Metcon 6am:
5 Rounds for time of: (12 min cap)

1 Snatch (full) @135/95# or 75% of 1RM - used 73#
4 Overhead Squats
10 Pull-ups
Time: 7:32
OHS felt AWESOME! No trouble getting down and Coach Rudy actually told me good job on them!! I DANCED over to the pull-up bar (and probably shouted with a big dumb grin on my face) I was so excited! That is the first non-negative feedback ever on my OHS and I was sooo excited :) Still excited. I power snatched in rds 2 and 3, but got the full snatch in rds 1, 4, and 5.

Skillwork 8pm: Tried to get some snatch work in but just couldn't focus. Tried to switch to butterfly work but same problem. I was just beat after all the traveling, shitty eating, etc this weekend and couldn't push myself into any actual work so went home and went to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment