Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Aim for the Moon. If you miss, you'll still be amongst the stars

Rest Day today. A for real one too - no workout OR volleyball!!

Proving Ground Goal - to be achieved by 10/15/2010:
Complete WOD 1 from the MidWestern Sectionals with a Top Thirty qualifying time. That means in 12:43 or better.

And, here are the rest of my 2010 goals. The rest of these goals I want to have achieved by 12/31/2010:

Back Squat - 185# x 10 reps unbroken
Bench Press – 125# 1RM
Box jumps @ 20” x 50 reps unbroken
Clean and Jerk – 135# 1RM
Deadlift – 250# x 5 reps unbroken
Double-unders – 100 reps in 2 minutes (not necessarily unbroken)
FGB - 300 points or more
Fran - sub-4 min
Front Squat – 165# 1RM
HSPU – 10 unbroken reps, no abmat
Muscle-up - 1 kipping
Muscle-up - 1 strict
OH squat – 80# x 10 unbroken reps
Pull-ups - 35 unbroken (kipping)
Push-ups – 30 unbroken
Ring dips - 10 unbroken
Run 1 mile Sub-9 min
Run 400m Sub-1:35 min
Run 8K Sub-48 min
Skin the Cat on the bar
Snatch – 1RM 90#

Some of these goals will be tough as hell to achieve (10 OHS reps @ my current 1RM? On my worst lift? wtf?!), while others I'm much closer to so think I'll be able to achieve them relatively soon (My current Bench is 110# so 125# seems more than reasonable to achieve soon). But, I wanted to set goals for myself in as many areas as possible so that I know not only where I stand today but where I want to be. I am going to try and review these goals on a ~monthly(ish) basis to track my progress and to see what areas I am neglecting so that I can in fact reach as many of these goals as possible... hopefully all of them :) I'll have to sit down and work out a plan to reach each of them (just stating them won't make them happen)... I'll post as I have more stuff ironed out. 
--
Nutrition
9:00 am - 1 egg; 2oz no salt turkey; 5 oz rainbow chard + spinach; "cereal" 1/8 c. coconut milk with a schlook of coconut water, pinch coconut flakes, ~6 walnut halves, ~5 pecans, 12 fresh blueberries. Mmmmm.

11:15 am - coffee with 1 1/2 t. raw sugar and 1/8 c. coconut milk

3:00 pm - 3 oz. halibut; 8 oz salad (lettuce, a handful of sauteed rhutabagas, 17 blueberries, pinch of coconut flakes, ~3 crushed walnut halves, ~1 1/2 T. wild maine blueberry dressing). Not bad, though I'm so sick of these damn rhutabagas. SUCH a strong flavor. I'm never cooking up two of them at the same time again. One would've been plenty.

9:45 pm - 1/4 c. mint galactica coconut milk ice cream (while cooking dinner)

10:15 pm - 4 oz. grass-fed grilled beef shoulder (delicious and tender); 6 oz. parsnips baked with coconut oil; 1 t. almond butter and 1 t. macadamia nut butter with 10 blueberries.

11:15 pm - 2 T. sunbutter. I TRIED to give it up. I tried.

2 comments:

  1. i agree with the FGB score would love too kill that...hspu we worked on today :)..i could tell you didn't want too though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just get nervous doing them, but you're rigth I just need to do them all the time. Only way I'm gonna get better, right? (ps - I just walked away from my laptop, kicked off my shoes, found an inside wall in my apt and did 3 controlled negatives - not all the way to the ground but not bad I don't think) I was more afraid that you were gonna try and convince me to do a cartwheel. I've never done one! And I'm pretty sure I would've made an ass of myself. And with Bryce AND Chris right there watching?! I'd never live it down.

    ReplyDelete