Monday, February 22, 2010

Three Days of catch-up

Weekend wods, first.

Sat: FUN Team wod with JJ, Emmitt, and Tina:
Round 1: 2 rope climbs
Round 2: 50 ball slams
Round 3: 10 muscle ups
Round 4: 40 toe to bars
Round 5: A hallways length of lunges with a 25# plate
Each round each team member had to run the length of the hallway 2x. Felt awesome to sprint again - hadn't run in forever.
Time: 19:21

Post-wod on Sat I ate way too much at the paleo cook off, and then wanted a nap but instead had three cups of black coffee, followed by more food and bunch of vodka. Late night after getting up at 6am.

Sun: Was exhausted!! Got up to a-coach and then hit up the West Loop for open gym with Jonny. Did a 500m row super slow. Stuck around 2:15. I got off the rower, went and got some water and tried to shake that slow ass row off. Got back on a few minutes later, and rowed 500m in 2:00.5! Much better time. Only went above 2:00 in the first few strokes. Felt waaay better! My right deltoid has been troubling me the past few days so since the 2nd row started to hurt towards the end I opted to stop working out and rest. Then got a phenomenal massage. She focused on my lower body and stripped away so many trigger points and so much whatever was in there. My thighs feel a bit tender but I'm not in pain in my hip flexors anymore and the muscle that goes on top of my IT band (don't remember its name) was apparently the problem, but it's better now. My snatches on Monday were easy to get into the bottom of and without pain :)

Mon: Olympic Total!

"Olympic Total"
1RM Snatch - 78# (failed 83# 3x)
1RM Clean and Jerk - 118#
(failed clean @ 123# 3x)

Total: 196.

My prev ugly-as-crap-total-press-out power snatch (from the oly meet) was 75#... My prev. full squat snatch PR was 63#. SO, 78# felt great tonight! Think I can get more if I get under the bar faster and with better hip extension. I muscled up the 83# pretty easily, but it wasn't a good snatch so didn't count it. Danced around like a silly little girl afterward.

Prev Clean PR was 110, Prev Jerk PR was 115. 118 was exciting, though I was disappointed b/c I felt I could've gotten 123 but just wasn't getting my elbows under fast enough... or I wasn't getting low enough fast enough. Wasn't sure, and the coach there had newer CFers working on 1RM Power Cleans so his focus was on them.

Have to workout tomorrow at 6:30 am in order to get a wod in while in VA. Not sure how that's gonna go... never tried working out that early. Maybe I should go to bed...

2 comments:

  1. Way to go on the PR's! Also glad your massage helped so much!!! Can't wait to let her tackle my hip flexors this week....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want my hip flexors tackled....wait that doesn't sound right

    ReplyDelete