Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sectionals Day One

So, I DNF'ed the first wod. MAN was I pissed. I could not get any OH squats. I think the clock hit 20 minutes after I got, 4? 5? And, I'm not really sure I got them... the judge may have felt bad for me. I got to OH squats pre-eight minutes in, and stayed there. I just couldn't get low and keep that effen bar over my head.

Also, I nailed myself in the head. It didn't really hurt, though I have a knot on my face (worse than my kettlebell nailing in the face two weeks ago). And it's red. And sore. Didn't hurt at the time really though, just thought "Fuck I just nailed myself in the face. Why did the other judge tell me to "jerk it in the front" which ps is MADE UP. I think she meant snatch it. Idiot.

Unrelated side-note: Amy and I are laying in our hotel bed watching tv and a commercial just came on... playing Lady Gaga's Paparazzi, with close-ups of doggies. What?! Thought I'd share that with you.

The 1st wod ended though, thank god. And while I was so unhappy about it, I didn't quit, I sucked it up and stuck it out. After the wod ended I went outside, collected myself, dealt with the disappointment and frustration of failing the wod and then came back in. It took a heat or two to feel "in it" again, but then I moved on.

And then, I felt AWESOME after the 2nd. Clean and Jerks - 17 reps (though they posted 15 on the site... I was sure he told me 17, I'll have to check on that tomorrow) @105#. I felt strong getting through so many. It was great to end the day on a high note.

No comments:

Post a Comment