Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Double-unders. I own them.

Okay, I don't own them. But I did WELL on them today. I was super proud.

The first time I picked up the rope tonight I hit a new PR - 16!!!! Prev. PR - 7!!! I was so excited I jumped around the room (and maybe screamed "16!!!" a few times) and considered walking out right then and calling it a night! For the rest of the night I would sometimes get up to 9 or so in a row, other times only 4, but I kept stringing at least a few together every time. I felt so good about the double-unders tonight. So exciting :)

Then "Freddy's Revenge"
5 rounds for time of:
5 shoulder to overhead (185/105 or 110% of 1RM press)
10 burpees

Went Rx'd @ 105#. Heavy as shit. All burpees unbroken. I was going through them quickly but then Bryce said to go slower (which hadn't occurred to me) to save energy for the jerks. Jerks - 1st rd unbroken (thanks for showin' me how, Mo!). Dropped and had to clean the bar on the 1st rep of my 2nd set. BUT I CLEANED IT!!! Remember a week/few weeks ago I tried a front squat wod @ 105 and couldn't clean then bar? WELL I COULD TODAY. I was actually happy that I dropped it (wtf?) because I just put my hands on the bar, and cleaned the bar on the first try. It felt amazing. All the snatch and clean work Roger and Mike have been doing with me for the past few weeks absolutely paid off today. Next four sets broken into a few 2s and a 3 set or two, but mainly singles. Failed probably 3 reps, but only dropped the bar to the ground the one time. Time- 12:15.
--
Nutrition (I'm starting to track supplements & water so I remember to have them)

9:30 am - 1 egg; 2 oz no salt turkey; small glass water; 5 oz. dandelion greens sauteed in 1 t. coconut oil, with 1/4 apple, 1 pinch coconut flakes, and a splash coconut water. The dandelion greens were super bitter. I should've used something stronger (maybe the dried cranberries) to cut the bitterness. Was not a fan. Can't wait to eat the leftovers :(

12 pm - 3 oz. monkfish (seasoned with dill and black pepper, then sauteed in 1 t. coconut oil with a sprinkling of fennel seeds - DELICIOUS); salad (4 oz. lettuce, 3 oz yellow peppers, 5 oz dandelion greens/apple mix from this morning, plus wild maine blueberry dressing); 2 glasses of water b/w breakfast & lunch; 1 g Vit. C; 5 fish oil

2 pm - 1 glass chai tea with some coconut milk & 1 t. raw sugar, 2 T. sunbutter

5:30 pm [Pre-wod] - 2 oz. sauteed rabbit tenderloin, 8 oz coconut water, few walnuts/macadamias/almonds/dried cranberries

7:15 pm [Post-wod] - $11 sushi. That's right. $11 on one meal. Big spender here. Had salmon, tuna, vegis, avocado, and DID NOT HAVE ANY PEANUTS (My dear Bryce and Matt - you suck). And I didn't eat the rice paper the rolls were wrapped in. In case anyone reading was judging... or sneaking peeks at the ingredient list... weirdo...

10:15 pm - 3 oz. monkfish (which I was told is the poor man's lobster. Take that, Chris! Are you happy I bought a poor man's fish??); 5 oz baked sunchokes with avocado oil, black pepper and a bit of sea salt; 2 1/2 T. sunbutter. B/w the workout and dinner I drank 2/3 liter of water. 4 fish oil.

3 comments:

  1. I'm just happy you're buying everyone donuts. Super nice of you Kerry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. rabbit tenderloin and monkfish! way to go, kerry!

    and congrats on the 16 DUs :) awesome :)
    can't wait to work with Mike and Roger once that stupid bursitis goes away. the rave reviews make me want to go more!

    reading your post is making me hungry... i better go eat some breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the double unders Kerry! 7 on Sunday, 16 on Wednesday--I'm seeing a good pattern developing here...

    ReplyDelete