Thursday, February 18, 2010

Starting work on my improvement plan. Patience is a virtue...

Worked on kicking up against the wall and handstand negatives in my apt for about fifteen minutes after lunch.

OH Squat & Snatch work at the 7pm class. Snatched the bar up, and then began OH squats. Worked with:

the PVC for a little while
15# bar - 2 sets of 10 reps
20# bar - 5 reps, 10 reps
33# bar - 5 reps, 2 sets of 10 reps
43# - 5 reps, 10 reps
53# bar - 2 sets 5 reps (failed the snatch twice. @ 53#?? Seriously? WTF?!)

My wrist flexibility was a huge problem today. Stretched it out in between each set, but wrists HURT on every set. The first set at each weight was only 5 reps because of the wrist pain. Also, in the bottom struggled to stay in my heels.

Lots of soreness in my right deltoid (please notice I used the name of a muscle besides bicep. That's right, kids, I now know the name to TWO muscles) for the past few days. Also my traps (three!!) are incredibly tight. Especially on my left side. Why must the pain be worse on opposite sides of my body??

Meant to work on bench press after but worked on OH squats for so long I put bench off till tomorrow. Then went and played three games of vball.
--
Nutrition
8 or 9am ish (I don't remember) - 1 egg; 2 oz grilled grass-fed beef shoulder; 4 oz. rainbow chard, rutabagas (finally -all gone!), & mushrooms. All cooked up together with an egg on top like a 554. De-licious.

9:30 am - coffee with coconut milk and 1 1/2 t. raw sugar. Didn't drink it very fast - I finished it with lunch at 1:45.

1:45 pm - 3 oz. halibut, 4 oz. lettuce, ~4 crushed pecans, wild maine blueberry dressing, black pepper & a tiny bit of sea salt. I need to go grocery shopping. I just ate a lettuce salad. With fish and pecans too, and I did enjoy it... but seriously? no other vegis but lettuce? Sad.

3:00 pm - 3 T. sunbutter. Maybe only 2 1/2 - I was annoyed/frustrated and on the phone and not paying attn. Normally I spoon out a portion and put the jar away, but I was distracted so just kept spooning from the damn jar. NO MORE PHONE CALLS + EATING. Wasn't I trying to cut down on the fats in my diet?

7:00 pm [Pre-strength work] - 2 oz. no salt turkey breast; 6 oz coconut water

8:30 pm [Post-strength / Pre-vball] - 2 oz. no salt turkey breast; 4 oz coconut water

9:30/10 pm [During & Post vball] - Pecan Pie Larabar; 6 oz. coconut water

10:30 pm - 4 oz. grilled grassfed beef shoulder; 4 oz. parsnips & 2 oz. broccoli sauteed in 1 T coconut oil; 1/2 c Mint Galactica Coconut Bliss ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment