Sunday, February 7, 2010

More weekend workouts

Friday 2/6/2010.

Back Squat 5-3-1+ @ 67.5%/76.5%/85.5%
111#, 126#, 142# (x 17 reps). 17!!!!

Then, for time (12 min cap):
10 power snatches (75% of 1RM snatch),
50 double-unders,
8 PS, 40 DU, 6 PS, 30 DU, 4 PS, 20 DU, 2 PS, 10 DU.


AWFUL. DNF'ed @ 12min after completing 10 PS, 50 DU, 8 PS, and 37 DU. Ridiculous. Was super disappointed/frustrated/angry/sad/etc. After all my progress this week, I really didn't expect this. But it happened.

So, I took Saturday off. I needed a day off. To recoup mentally and physically. After the eight million attempts at DUs on Friday and all the clean on Thursday my arms were fried.
--
Sunday 2/7/2010.

Bench Press
5-3-1+ @ 67.5%/76.5%/85.5% of 1RM, so... 75#/83#/95# (x11)
Alaskan Qualifier wod for Sectionals 2010. Brutal but bearable.
4 rounds for time of (20 min cap):
3 CTB pull-ups
3 Ring dips
500M row
6 Thrusters @ 95#

20:29. Fucking hell.

FIRST - the good news of this wod. All CTB unbroken (which felt awesome), and 1st 2 sets of ring dips unbroken. Last 2 were 2-1 (had to re-do one rep). 1st 500m b/w 1:56-2:02, 2nd set 2:02-2:05, 3rd less consistent but anywhere b/w 2:02-2:15, 4th mainly around 2:10. Thrusters in rds 1-3 were in sets of 2s, and 4th rd was 2-2-1-1.

On to the sucky part. Finished my last thruster of this wod and turned around and watched the clock hit 20:00, and thought I was done under the 20 min time cap and was so excited!! I walked away from the bar, exhausted, excited, and more exhausted... and everyone was quiet. No post-wod cheering? wtf?! Turns out I didn't lock out fully at the top of my last rep, which TOTALLY sucked. I asked, "What?! Did it not count?" and then had to go back and pick the bar back up. Amy pushed me to pick up the bar and I yelled at her. Told her I needed a fucking minute or something equally as bitchy. Had to regroup and do one last thruster. I had already mentally turned off. It took SO MUCH to get my ass back under that bar. I actually thought to myself 'Fuck that, I'm not picking it back up. I'm DONE!' I WAS DONE! But I had to pick it up. And thankfully, after I finished and apologized to Amy she laughed it off and told me to shut it. Thanks for not getting mad, Am. I love you :)
--
NUTRITIONAL WEBSITE!! This was a great find for me... the website below lists a LOT of nutritional information about food you're interested in eating (including glycemic loads; carbs/fats/protein ratio; nutrient balance; protein quality; amino acids; types of fats: mono-, saturated vs. unsat., Omega 3 vs. 6; etc).

At the top right of the screen you can type in any food you're curious about (I typed in "cocoa powder" and 12 diff options popped up. I was able to find unsweetened Dutch chocolate powder I wanted to use) and it will tell you all the above nutritional facts and more. I can't vouch for the rest of the website, but this search tool is very useful - I'm constantly trying to determine glycemic loads for new fruits/vegis I want to try and typing in "Glycemic load, sunchoke" into Google doesn't always give me the result I want. The site also includes fast food choices and their nutritional values, though that might just make you sad. I also typed in doughnut... and there were 51 options to choose from. I'm not a big doughnut person (though I know many CFCers who are), but I did type in doughnut just to check. My all-time favorite Krispy Kreme doughnut has a GL of 19. Sigh.
--
Nutrition

Since I'm behind I'm going to be super vague. My food choices this weekend good (all paleo), though, Sat night we had the CFC Girls Night Paleo Dinner, and I ate lots of healthy fats - but certainly more fat than usual. Had an effen & water and a shot Friday night, and a glass of wine Saturday night.

5 comments:

  1. I just learned that there isn't a flat feet requirement for thrusters. However, the athlete must move in a controlled manner. Therefore if you were on your toes and were off-balance, I would not count the rep until you established balance.

    Nice work yesterday. Those were some heavy thrusters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think fitday.com works in a similar fashion....where is krispy kreme around here? i haven't had one of those in like a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jonny, for looking into that for me!

    And Emm - Thanks for the second link! As for Krispy Kreme... I have no idea. They were a favorite from my childhood

    ReplyDelete
  4. 95# is HEAVY!

    Krispy Kreme. Union station. And every Jewel carries them. I hate donuts, but if I get a Krispy Kreme in my mouth, I need 5 more. What's with that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. we didn't have krispy kreme in milwaukee until about 3 years ago i believe lol...we don't even have a white castle, i would have too drive 35 mintues too get some.

    ReplyDelete