Friday, February 5, 2010

Meh. Thursday was not my favorite day in the world.

Thursday, after 11am a-coaching, my non-workout/non-nutrition related personal life su-ucked. I had to deal with something I wasn't prepared to deal with and ended up taking the whole afternoon off work to recover. I ran a few errands to take my mind off things, and while waiting for some pictures at Walgreens, stopped at a nearby bar for lunch... which turned out to be a great idea. I love love love dive bars, and the old men in them. I got a free delicious Smithwick's beer (yea I know - i didn't care. it was so tasty) and the awesome bartender brought me extra jalapenos, and while that may seem silly, it made my day just a little bit better. Oh, plus the guy at walgreens was extra helpful getting my camera to work when I couldn't get it to. I don't really care that I cheated on paleo today - I was having a shite day.

The workout was alright. I worked on finding my new PR with a power clean, but was struggling getting the motions right even after all the work with Rog & Mike. I feel stronger on snatches after focusing on it two weeks in a row, but we've only worked cleans once so I think I need to pump my brakes (thanks, Rudy, for bringing that back into my vocab) and give myself time to really get set on the technique before I try and go up in weight.

I still PR'ed, but not as high as I think I should be lifting. If I can consistently work at 95# for an hour, can and have done 30 reps @ 95# cleans during multiple metcons, and can clean a 105# bar during a metcon, I'm sure I can lift heavier than my newly established PR, but until I can get the form cleaner and more consistent I'm not going to see that transferred to a heavier weight.

Find your IRM Power Clean - 110# (failed at 115# 3x)

Metcon - 5 rounds for unbroken reps of:
Wall Ball
Hang Power Clean (45% of 1RM Clean)
30 seconds of rest in-between exercises.
 

I am an a-hole, and used Ben Wood's Inspirational Weight Calculator wrong. YES, I work in accounting and finance. It's true. I used 45% of 85.5% of my 1RM by accident... 43#. SO obviously I crushed the HPC portion of this wod. I thought my arms were going to fall off. The last rd of HPC my arms had gone completely numb.

I also forgot my paper listing my score in my car, but I think I remember some parts so will list what I remember now, and correct this after I check :)

WB @ 10# ??-??-??-??-19
HPC @ 43# 30-30-30-30-38

My forearms BURNED. And then, I had Vball. I thought it was going to kill me, but it wasn't bad actually. My body was able to put off most of the soreness until this morning.
--
Nutrition
8:30 am - 1 egg, 2 oz no salt turkey, 5 oz. sunchokes, 4 fish oil, 1 Vit C

2:20 pm - chicken + bacon + avocado + jalapeno sandwich (minus the bread) ~4 oz. chicken, 1 strip bacon, 1/4 avocado. Free Smithwick's beer (I know I should've have but who turns down a free beer from the owner?! I didn't want to be rude...); and sweet potato fries. So, well, at least I didn't eat the bread. Guess I just gave up the beer I was gonna have after sectionals.

3:45 pm - 1 1/2 T sunbutter

6:30 pm [Pre-wod] - 2 oz. no salt turkey, 8 oz. coconut water, 1 t. sunbutter

8:30 pm [Post-wod] - 2 oz. no salt turkey, 8 oz. coconut water

10:00 pm [Post-vball] - 6 oz coconut water

10:45 pm - 3 oz. monkfish; 7 oz of brocoli plus the remaining shitty chard mix I made the other day, a few cranberries and coconut flakes.

12:15 pm - 2 t. sunbutter
--
 I did watch a 30 sec video on YouTube that made me smile... called "How Not to Snatch"

4 comments:

  1. that video made me laugh really hard...
    sorry to hear you had a bad day yesterday :(
    hope today's going better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looked like he was doing a crazy dance with the bar...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was hysterical...and I thought my debut on You-tube was bad!

    You're form is solid, Kerry. I am right there with you every Monday night watching you nail that shiznit. Don't forget what Rudy says...with O-lifts, some days you have it and some days you don't. Good for you for just chalking it up to a bad day and having a beer. Love you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cracked me up! I love how it took the judging buzzer like five year to beep.

    ReplyDelete