Monday, February 15, 2010

I cheated on Paleo.

So, Sectionals ended and now it's time to get a plan for how I'm going to improve on my weaknesses. I said before and I'll say it again, I know myself and unless I have a focused plan I won't continually improve at the pace that I want to improve at. So, today I'm taking off work, going to Kuma's Korner for one last cheat (it's Amy's bday - how could I miss that??), and then putting together my next plan for CrossFit improvement. I'll post it once it's ready.

--Nutrition
I'm not posting about my whole weekend because I don't remember what I ate. I stayed paleo until maybe 4 pm or so on Sunday... I will post about the cheating - not because it was epic like other CFCers, but because it was so unlike me. I ate four donuts. Four. Donuts. Within, what, thirty minutes?? I've never eaten that many donuts. I also had a schlook of champagne (thanks, Anj), and about 3/4 glass of beer (thanks, Kurt!!). Delicious delicious beer. First, let me say that I'm not even that big a donut person. I never crave them. I always think it's funny how Rudy/Chris/Mandie and everyone love them so much, but I was so pumped after the workout that I joined in the donut fun. Then, after we got on the road we stopped at Burger King for a Tendercrisp Chicken sandwich WITH cheese (my favorite fast food meal - though the bun wasn't exciting so I only had a few bites of it and then ripped it off the bun. It wasn't worth cheating on paleo for that shitty roll) and a medium coffee WITH cream and white sugar (I'm pretty sure was at least 24 oz. HUGE!). I then had my very first food coma. Amy was driving (thank god - I would NOT have made it) and I passed the fuck out. I was completely unable to keep myself awake. I took about a 30-45 minute nap. Pre-Burger King, Amy asked how much I had to drink, because the sugar had made me completely lose my mind. Future reference - 4 donuts is too many.


Oh, and hours later, we had Raw Organic dairy free cappuccino ice cream. It wasn't totally frozen so tasted more like mousse. Amy and I downed the full pint (again - NOT like me to eat so much... apparently when cheating on paleo my inner fat kid comes out). The ingredients weren't so bad - note OG means organic: 

Water, OG Cashews, OG Agave Nectar, OG Coconut Oil, OG Shea Butter, OG Fair Trade Coffee, OG Lucuma, OG Cacao Butter, Sunflower Lecithin, OG Vanilla Bean, Sea Salt, OG Maca, OG Locust Bean Gum, OG Guar Gum, Caregeenan, OG Cinnamon, OG Mesquite

So that was kind of a cheat too, but wasn't so bad. And it didn't make me pass out afterward, which I think is a good thing :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey, if you're gonna cheat make it a good one -it should taste good and put you in a coma! You deserve it Kerry. Great job at sectionals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four. amy thought i was drunk.

    And, thanks Eileen!!! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My inner fat kid likes to come out once in a while too!

    ReplyDelete