Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I'm going to kill my cat...

...seriously he keeps finding random shit to tear up and play with that makes loud noises and I'm trying to get ready to go to sleep. I have to keep getting out of bed and hiding the shit he finds to play with. Obnoxious.

Wod and then volleyball tonight.
Press 5-3-1+
1RM @ 67.5%/76.5%/85.5%
58#-65#-73# (x 6 reps)

Then, for time (from 2009 Hell's Half Acre Regional):
21-15-9
Box jump (24")
Kettlebell swings (1.5/1 pood = 35#))
Sumo-deadlift high-pull (95/65#)

Time - 7:26

SDHP felt terrible. I really need to set aside time to work on that movement. It's one we don't do especially often and it always feels soo very heavy. Bryce said to think of it like a clean... It feels nothing like a clean though, and while I imagine that I could do a 65# hang power clean for a 21-15-9 wod unbroken, my sumos were nowhere near unbroken. I strung a bunch in the front end of the wod, but by the end I was in 3s mostly and a few singles. I also dropped the bar and Bryce took away a rep. I forgot we weren't supposed to drop. I definitely dropped others. I didn't remember the no dropping rule until I got called out in my 9 set. Was a bit leery with 24" box jump and had more trouble landing in the right place (which helps me get back on in a fast pace) so wasn't able to string them as well as usual.... I still got a bunch in a row but I wanted these unbroken. KBS @ 1 pood are AWESOME. All unbroken. Afterward the workout, however, more KBS was NOT AWESOME. I tried Chris' new KBS technique and nailed myself in the face with the bell. I can't wait to see how hot I look tomorrow with a big ass purple bruise on the bridge of my nose. It better go away by sectionals.

Dead Hangs - 5-3-3 (not sure about the # in the 2nd set). 2rd set i tried to do a switch grip with hands facing opposite the normal way I do them. I didn't like that. I like my right hand facing away from me and my left facing in.

Volleyball @ 8. Great 3 games. We won. Yaaay!! Rudy played - I forgot how fun he is to have on the team! He's great, which is a huge bonus, plus he's super supportive - always cheering us on and congratulating us or making us laugh. Definitely a great person to have on your team. Thanks for subbing, coach!

I noticed in game 3 that the other team looked a bit worn. One girl was sweating a lot and I realized I wasn't sweating at all. And then I thought about how I had done a hard ass workout just 1 1/2 hrs before vball. It reminded me of how far my endurance has improved since starting CFC. I love CrossFit.

Oh, and I had a small tear on my right hand that I though was fully healed, but it split open today during the SDHP, which sucked. It only hurt a tiny bit though, and I was glad we had Dead Hangs to do post-metcon instead of kipping pull-ups! Sucked during vball though. I could feel it pull when I hit. Or served. Or set. So, pretty often, but again it was a dull pain so no big.
--
Nutrition
9:00 am - 1 egg + 2 egg whites; 6 oz. rainbow chard sauteed with 1/2 T. coconut oil, one pinch coconut flakes, ~1/16 c. dried cranberries; 1 small glass of water

12:00 pm - Emmitt's brownies. 3 of them. Mmm. Delicious. I heart Emmitt.

1:45 pm - 3 oz. spicy turkey jerky; 5 oz. rainbow chard sauteed with 1/2 T. coconut oil, one pinch coconut flakes, ~1/16 c. dried cranberries; 1 t. coconut cream; 1 small glass water; 1 chamomile tea (no caffeine)

5:20 pm [Pre-wod] - 11 oz paleo lasagna & spaghetti squash (leftovers from when Mo and I made it - some lamb sausage - probably ~1/2 oz to 1 oz), 1 T. sunbutter

7:15 pm [Post-wod] - trio bar (thanks, JJ!)

10:45 pm - 3 oz. rabbit tenderloin (2oz sauteed in coconut oil, 1 oz. grilled), 4 oz. coconut water, 2 oz. rainbow chard sauteed with 1/2 T. coconut oil, one pinch coconut flakes, ~1/16 c. dried cranberries; 1 t. coconut cream; 1 medium glass water; 1 SleepyTime tea (no caffeine)
--
Oh! and one last thing. I did the stretches Mike suggested - once at the box after acoaching at 11, once at the box after my metcon today, and then again after vball. Both times at the box I laid on the roller for about 5 mins or so, and then the 1st and 3rd times I did the butt against the wall and arms up. I can already see significantly improved mobility. I also reviewed the snatch movements with a PVC. It's good to get in stretching and focus on the technique for a bit each day. I hope I remember to continue :)

6 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel better, in this WOD the SDHP hurt a lot of people.
    congrats on the game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that I would want the possible bruise to stay, but I think it would add to your intimidation factor at Sectionals. That and the "Whoosh" sound on the KB swing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA! Well I'm definitely doing the whoosh sound on my swings. How else will I get it up there?

    JJ suggested I tape a big "X" on my nose to hide the bruise and make me look meaner. These are all good ideas.

    ps it's not as bad as i was afraid it might be today, though i can't wear my glasses b/c they hit right on the tender spot. let's keep hoping it stays small!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and thanks, mandie!! we miss you on the team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't forget the eye patch. Arrgh!
    The SDHP did a number on my back. I did a WOD this morning, and now I can barely move. I'm going to go buy a Moji back ice pack today (they sell them at the Relax Your Back store, across the street from CFC). I get lower back pain more than anything else from crossfit, as with a lot of other people it seems, so it may be a good investment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. there's a relax your back store across the street from CFC?!?! Mike (oly guy) suggested that store and amy said "I think i've seen one of those but can't remember where..." HA!! i need a foam roller. i'm getting one today. sorry your back is so sore JJ - you did the metcon super fast. this is how crossfit thanks you for working so hard!

    ReplyDelete