Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"All unbroken?" "Last 2 sets of pullups were 5-5." "Why?"

Worked on snatch for about an hour. Worked up to 63# today. Bar path significantly improved. Monday's oly session definitely drilled that into my head. Struggled today in the bottom of the squat (1) getting the bar forward and not catching it behind me, and (2) landing with and holding my chest high. Kurt and Bryce were very helpful today in running through the movements to ensure we had good form, and Bryce showed me how to "Joey squat" to get my chest higher. Today's issues were due to inflexibility and tightness in my muscles, shoulders specifically. I didn't take the time to do all the stretches Mike had showed me before the workout (though I did get a few in during the workout). I have to remember to do the active stretches before AND during and to do the held stretches after. I should be stretching every day. My shoulders are ridiculously tight today and I could really feel it during the snatch work.

Metcon-
4 rounds for time of:
300 M Row
15 thrusters (45/33#)
10 pull-ups


Time: 11:44

The metcon was a bear. Totally gassed after the wod (which felt niiiice). Rx'd. 1st 300m row stayed at or below 1:58 (ELITE! Even hit 1:52 a few times for a few strokes). 2nd 300m at 2:02 and below. 3rd was the worst round, stayed around 2:15, don't think I went any higher. 4th rd I had my eyes closed most of the time but when I'd open them it was at or below 2:10. All thrusters & pull-ups unbroken except the last 2 sets of pull-ups (5-5 & 5-5). Bryce asked why I broke them... I attributed it to my grip but wonder if i could've pushed through and gotten even those sets unbroken or at least more than 5 strung in a row. In all four sets of 5, I remember wanting to drop off the bar at the 3rd pullup but thinking "at least get 5..." but maybe if I thought in my head "hold on and don't fucking let go until it's over" instead of aiming for 5, maybe I could've strung more?? Didn't think so at the time.
--
Nutrition

8:30 am - 2 ox. no salt turkey, 1 egg, 6 oz. coconut water. Coffee, coconut milk, 1 1/2 t. raw sugar

12:15 pm -  3 oz. grilled swordfish, 5 oz. broccoli (sauteed in ~ 1/2 T coconut oil), 2 T. sunbutter

5:30 pm [Pre-wod] - 3 1/2 oz grilled swordfish, 8 oz. coconut water, 2 t. sunbutter

6:30 pm - Paleo cookie that Emmitt made. Delicious.

8:00 pm - [Post-wod] - 3 oz. no salt turkey, 8 oz. coconut water, 2 more paleo cookies that Emmitt made. Even more delicious.

8:45 pm - 8 oz. paleo chili (~3 oz protein, ~5 oz. carbs), 3 t. guacamole

1 comment:

  1. Nice work tonight. Keep this in mind next time you're at a fork in the road:

    After I'm done with this WOD, do I want to sit around and question if I could have done this last set unbroken or be proud that I did it unbroken?

    ReplyDelete