Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sundays are niiice

8:15am - 1 egg, 2oz. grd turkey, coconut water


11:30(ish)am [During skills work] - 4 1/2 oz. turkey jerky plus coconut water.
I did skills work & a wod today from about 10 am- 12:30pm and during skills work I got hungry and wasn't feeling as strong as usual in my strength work so got some protein in.

12:00(ish)pm [Post-wod] - 1 1/2 oz. turkey jerky plus coconut water.


2:30pm - Chamomile tea w/ 1 t. honey. Large green salad with mixed greens, roasted red peppers, green onions, avocado, 6-8 oz. chicken breast and vinaigrette.


8:30pm - 4 oz. macademia crusted catfish plus large mixed greens salad with yellow peppers, mushrooms, 1/2 c. blueberries, white truffel oil, 3 t. cherry/strawberry/blackberry/blueberry preserves (organic, no sugar added) and Chocolate tea with coconut milk, and a few pieces dark chocolate chunks (about a thumb's worth).


11:15pm - one more chocolate tea with coconut milk. And a t. of raw sugar. Mmmm.

 --
Today was a fantastic skills/workout day and I left feeling AMAZING. I still haven't gotten my grip back, but I was able to string 9 together with a switch-grip, so that was improvement. Next time I work on stringing together pull-ups I'm gonna tape my hands and see if that will lessen the grip pain and allow me to get back into longer sets of pull-ups. I worked on overhead squats at low weights to focus on lock out and depth for awhile, saw small improvements. Need to remember to stretch wrists each day. Worked on HSPUs, alternating working on controlled negatives to the ground and push-ups with 2 abmats. Did 3 rds of 5 Wall Ball @ 20# aimed at and sometimes hitting the red line, then 1 or 2 rds 10 WB @ 14#  nailing the red line each time (had to re-do 3 missed reps- 1 in 1st rd, 2 in 2nd). Worked on double-unders for awhile. I haven't done these in, what, a month? Struggled stringing more than 3 together (PR is 6), but was able to work on these calmly, without frustration. That was a first for me. THEN, after I thought I was all done, I re-did the baseline. Hadn't done this since I started (orig time was a whopping 9:53).


Baseline wod:
500m row, 40 squats, 30 situps, 20 pushups, 10 pull ups

Kept the row under 2:00 almost the full 500m, went above 3-4 times throughout the wod (I never stayed above that time though for more than 1 pull) maxing out with a slowest speed of 2:06. Rudy said elite girls time is sub 2:00. I almost peed myself. I thought I was crap at rowing! In fact, I may have jumped up and down after leaving the box and screamed "Rudy said elite! He said ELITE!" at my car. May have. I'm not admitting anything. The wod felt great and I was thrilled to have almost cut my time in half (58% improvement).
Time: 5:24.


It was nice to feel so strong today. It was nice to work on skills I wanted to improve and see improvement. It was surprisingly nice to accept that I couldn't improve my double-unders today, and know that I have tomorrow and the next day, etc. to work on them. Today was a great day. Plus, Amy and I went to Lululemon and I'm down another size.

I did, however, struggle at the end of the day with food cravings. I was craving chocolate and bad things like whoa. Amy and I walked around Whole Foods (WF) and I bought some chocolate tea and coconut milk to have a light cheat (though I as sleepy and craving a MAJOR cheat). It did the trick.

6 comments:

  1. You should be getting lulu bulk discounts by now. Or maybe they have a trade down program for every time you go down a size, like for kids and hockey equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great, Kerry! It was awesome to see your happy dance in the parking lot...yea, I totally called you out. Embrace it, girl! You've worked freakin' hard for it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JJ - HOW AWESOME IF THEY DID!!! I should mention that to them.

    I did plug CFC some more with Bree and Julie, and gave my email and phone number to another associate who lept hearing about it and wanted to know more. I'm doing good things for the guys at our box by shopping at Lulu and getting hot girls to want to work out with us. I think you guys should start getting me giftcards there. I'll put in a good word for you if there's free lulu clothes for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerry, Once your a coach I think you can apply for the ambassador program or for the R&D program. Ask Jonny about it and he'll let you know the full deal.

    .9 away from Elite. ELITE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't believe Rudy. He just assumes I know all there is to know about lululemon. But I do know a bit about the ambassador program and a tiny amount on the R&D program, just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bree talked to me about R&D as an a-coach already :)

    And I can improve .9. I can totally get there!!

    woo!

    ReplyDelete