Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Return of Effen

Saturday
Find your 1RM Jerk

Got 115#, failed @125# twice. I still think I can get it, and maybe even go higher, I'm just not driving under the bar with enough power. I watched Bryce on his jerks and he slams the shit out of the ground when he hits the position, and I am definitely not doing that. I tried to, but I just don't get it. I'm not a timid person, but I just wasn't able to get that SLAM! down. I'll be seeing Mike and Roger this week and working cleans, so maybe we can talk about that.

Workout #3 from 2009 Dirty South Regional:
8 minute AMRAP of:
5 Clean and Jerk (Sectional Athletes 135/95) or (60% of 1RM jerk)
10 CTB pull-ups


3 full rds. We looked up the rankings and I would've ranked 19th for this wod (top 30 girls at sectionals move on, so while this isn't as high as I would've liked to be, I can be okay with it. It's pretty shitty really, when you look at all the other numbers that people put up but again, 19th is in the top 30 and then I'll have a few months to really step up my game and get better). I failed a bunch of reps - only counting CTB where I knew I hit it (I had huge red marks all across my chest after this wod from slamming into the bar), and re-did a few jerks b/c I pressed them out. Heavy as shit and a bit frustrating. Took more time than I probably needed to on the C&Js but could have failed less reps if I took a bit more time on the pull-ups. I hate wasting energy on a failed rep - I should've been smarter in this wod.
 

Post WOD
3x5 GH Raises
3x max ring dips. 3-5-3
--
Nutrition - yea so my sister and her husband were in town and it was a cheat weekend. Saturday I REALLY cheated. More cheats than I've had in one day BY FAR since I can't even remember. I'm only going to list the cheats since I'm catching up and don't feel like typing for an hour.
  • 1 slice stuffed deep dish sausage pizza from Art of Pizza at lunch
  • 1 latte (2 shots espresso, sweetened condensed milk and whipped cream) after lunch
  • coffee gelato (with the latte after lunch)
  • spaeztle (served underneath mahi-mahi) at dinner
  • bite of quinoa at dinner
  • And, um, 8 or 9 effen black cherry and waters (at dinner and after dinner). 
  • Plus a shot of Stoli O and... something. What? It was some guy's bday. What was I supposed to do??
----
Sunday
Rest Day. Went into the WL for a bit of double-under work. Strung 7 in a row - new PR! Old PR was 6 :) Practiced split jerks with the 33# bar to work on that SLAM! I'm not getting. It seemed better by the end, but still not where I want it.
--
Nutrition
9:30 am - 2 eggs, 3-4 strips nitrate free bacon, 4 oz coconut water, cup of coffee with coconut milk and 1 t. raw sugar

2 pm - 2 pieces turkey jerky, 1 cup coffee with coconut milk, 1 t. raw sugar

3:45 pm - chopped CDL salad from Caffe de Lucca

9pm ish - Paleo lasagna (eggplant, zuchini, portabellas, lamb italian sausage (cootie-free, only non-paleo ingred was celtic sea salt), olive oil, onions and tomato sauce) over a bed of spaghetti squash with coconut oil. Delicious. Ate 2 plates, which is ridiculously unusual for me, but it was toooo delicious. I hadn't had any paleo meal like it before so was phenomenally taken aback. Cooking with Mo is fun!!!

1 comment:

  1. you guys are making me look bad lol...that looks very good.

    ReplyDelete