Thursday, January 28, 2010

No wod days aren't as much fun

Active Rest Day. Played vball tonight at 8.

Went out for team drinks after. Did not have even one of the delicious, glistening bottles of Miller Lite. And we had 3 buckets of them. 3. Buckets. ::Sigh:: Why again is beer bad for you? This paleo thing is a pain in the ass sometimes. Awesome to get to explain it again though. "No, it's not a diet. I'm not trying to lose weight... it's more of a lifestyle - I eat this way all the time... Yes, of course I allow myself cheats, just not right now. Right now I'm supposed to be strict... Just a few weeks longer. Are those tater tots??"
--
Nutrition. NOT my best day (as I'm sure you gathered from the above). This is gonna be a bitch of a weekend as far as food/drinks go. I hope I keep it under control. As much as possible anyway.

9:00 am - 1 egg, 2 oz. no salt turkey, 6 oz. spinach sauteed in 1 T coconut oil with 15 dried cranberries

12:45 pm - Caffe de Lucca Chopped CDL salad (my favorite): mixed greens, avocado, green onion, crisp prosciutto, roasted red peppers, grilled chicken and drizzled a bit of the house Italian sweet and spicy dressing. Probably ~8 oz. vegis, 6 oz. protein, 1/4 avocado. Also enjoyed a Bam Bam - 2 shots espresso and honey topped with coffee, w/ 1 raw sugar. Mmmm.

6:30 pm [Pre-vball] - 3 1/2 oz. grilled swordfish, 6 oz. coconut water, 2 t. sunbutter

9:00 pm [Post vball] - 8 oz. coconut water
9:30 pm [Post-vball] - 7-8 oz. arugula, 1/2 avocado, 6 oz. grilled chicken, tiny bit of lemon juice + oil... plus 5 tater tots, 3 bites bacon + grilled cheese sandwich, 1 piece garlicky cheesy bready goodness. And one effen black cherry and water. Shit! I was supposed to be good tonight.

11:45 pm - 2 t. sunbutter with some coconut flakes on top. Delicious.

3 comments:

  1. Haha... I love that dialogue of explaining why you eat the way you do. I literally had the exact same conversation about 5 times over the past couple of days! Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the "I eat this way all the time... Yes, of course I allow myself cheats, just not right now" is about when you want to give up explaining it and just let them think whatever they're gonna think.

    ReplyDelete