Monday, January 25, 2010

Amy. I like you. But the bar hates you. - MG

Started the day off with a fun workout,
Press 3-3-3+
1RM (use CFT weight - 85#) @ 63%-72%-81%
54#-61#-69# (x 6 reps)

Metcon: 3 rounds,  Work 1 minute at each station for total reps of (FGB style):
Wall ball @ 14# to 10'
KBS (53/35) (dropped kb's are a non-rep)
Double-unders
Rest

Optional Post WOD
3x max HSPU (90 seconds rest)


Press felt strong. I felt good on those. I was excited about this metcon. Three exercises I am crap-ola at, so I couldn't miss this wod. Had evening plans (will explain later), so came in at 9am to get this in. Total was 123, WB reps 9-11-16, KB 23-19-20, DU 11-5-9. My 1st rd of WB was horrendous. Sad really. I missed way too many reps. I should have warmed up throwing at the red with a 20# WB. I've noticed that with WB and HSPUs I have to warm up the movement moreso than the other movements before I start them in a wod, and need to remember that in future wods - otherwise I will suck ass the first rd (note the steady improvement in nailed attempts as the rds progressed). Also, still not used to working out in the am. Need to remember to drink coffee if I'm feeling tired before the wod. The KBS were the LIGHTEST THINGS EVER! I was completely off-balance and almost threw the KB behind me to start out rds 1 and 2. Never thought that would happen :) Realized in rd 3 that I could pick up the speed since the weight was so light, but had never done a KBS that felt so light, so didn't realize how much faster I could've gone until the last 20 sec in rd 3. All unbroken here. The double-unders were, well, double-unders. But I kept my head and didn't get frustrated. My mental game has really improved as far as keeping my cool and not getting frustrated- now I just need to improve my mental focus to push past what I see as my current limits.

Skipped the HSPUs since I knew I was working on Snatches for a few hours that night so decided to move those to another day. Don't let me forget!!

Amy and I scheduled an olympic lifting session with Mike and Roger - awesome. The two of them worked with us for about 2 hours on snatches (5:30-7:30pm). Huge improvement! Worked up to 66#, which is a NEW PR on the full snatch :) And it didn't feel heavy, so I know I have more in me, but after snatching for 2 hrs I played it smart and didn't go up any higher. Mike gave me a shit ton of stretches to improve my flexibility on this lift and was even able to get my grip closer in which made a huge difference. I heart Mike and Roger.
--
Nutrition
8:20am  [Pre-wod] 1 egg, 2 oz. no salt turkey, 16 oz. coconut water, ~15 walnuts/almonds/pecans/macadamias/dried cherries

10:00am [Post-wod] - ~3 oz. no salt turkey, 10 or so oz. coconut water

11:30 am - 4 oz. grilled swordfish, 8 oz. fresh kale plus sauteed kale+yellow peppers+eggplant mix and ~1 T. wild maine blueberry dressing, 2 T. sunbutter

3:50 pm - 2 t sunbutter, ~6 oz. coconut water

5:00 pm [Pre-skills wod] - 3 oz. no salt turkey, 16 oz. Starbucks coffee with 1 T. half and half, 4 raw sugars.

7:45 pm [Post-skills wod] - 3 oz. no salt turkey

9:00 pm - 11 oz. paleo chili (prepared with a ratio of 3:8 protein to carbs, so 3oz. turkey/bison, 8 oz. vegis), 2 T. guacamole

(Six meals today! Oops! 1 more than usual... but with the extra workout I guess it was good, no?)

2 comments:

  1. how much does that coaching cost?

    ReplyDelete
  2. $25/hour. It's TOTALLY worth it. Mike and Roger have an amazing knack for seeing exactly what you need to do to fix your lifts.

    ReplyDelete