Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Today's workout > yesterday's workout

Power Snatch 5-5-5+
43#-51#-57# x12 reps.

Stopped not due to muscle fatigue but because I started pressing out in the last 2 reps, and figured crappy form shouldn't get extra reps counted.

3x5 Glute-Ham Raise (I like these)

Then for time, reps of:
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 of:
Hang power clean 60%1RM =63#
Ring Dips (purple band)

Time: 5:27


Workout felt great. I ate only 20 mins before I started the strength portion and I think that really helped. I also ate fish, which digests super quickly. I felt strong moving through that and then the metcon felt fantastic. Getting to go through a fast workout that I could easily handle the weights and just speed through almost entirely unbroken was a phenomenal way to get over the failing of yesterday's wod.

I ate my post-wod food and then stuck around to work on a few skills - some handstands, attempted muscle-ups with JJ and Steve, double-unders.

Then I had volleyball. I continued to drink coconut water before volleyball and a bit during the break b/w games to stay hydrated. My left calf was tight before I started playing, and while it didn't seem to affect my play, it did feel tighter after I got home. Halfway through the second game (of three) my hip flexers really started hurting. Then by the time I got home, my shoulders and back were sore too. Not as sore, but sore nonetheless. I am going to try and get a massage in this week from Amy!

I just went through my blogs and realized I haven't had a true rest day since January 3rd. I've been active every day for 16 days?! No true rest days?! And while I haven't done any two-a-day metcons, I have done strength work and a metcon, and then added on a few hours of skills work or an hour of volleyball. I still need to get a two-a-day metcon in, but considering my activity level right now I think I'll be able to manage it well. The 3 days where I didn't do a metcon, I've either worked on skills for a few hours or played vball (active rest is not actual rest). I should probably look into an actual rest day soon. I just like CrossFit too much, and I'm really enjoying pushing so hard. Rest days are silly. And the only reason I'm contemplating a rest day now is because I'm sore. But, hopefully the massage will get rid of the soreness and I can get back at it :)
--
Nutrition:
8:20am - 1 egg, 2 oz. grd. turkey + 3 1/2 oz. yellow peppers sauteed in 1 t. white truffle oil

10:45am - 2 t. sunbutter

12:45pm - 6 oz. paleo chili (carbs + protein)
1:20pm - Still hungry. 2 t. coconut cream and a glass of chocolate tea with 1 t. raw sugar

3:10pm [Pre-wod] - 2 oz. macadamia crusted catfish, coconut water, macadamia/walnut/cranberry mixture - maybe 7 walnut halves, 2 macadamias, 15 dried cranberries.  Plus 10 fresh blueberries.

4:45/5pm [Post-wod] - 3 oz. macadamia crusted catfish, coconut water

8:30 pm - 10 oz. paleo chili, macadamia/walnut/cranberry mixture - maybe 4 walnut halves, 1 macadamia, 8 dried cranberries.  Plus 20 fresh blueberries.

5 comments:

  1. "Rest days are silly"....you're a beast. plain and simple :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely need to get a 2-a-day wod in in the next two weeks. Just to know how you stand mentally. Maybe a bunch of us Sectional people should set a day and a workout...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been noticing a bit of a trend on all these blogs of more injuries/aches/pains than usual. Think maybe everyone is due for a little more rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Rudy, I agree. Erin C was organizing a few of us to do Jackie on Sunday afternoon if Jonny's hosting open gym again.

    I'd be down for any workout, any time you tell me though :) I know I need some 2-a-day training just to feel it out, plus maybe then I'll feel I've earned/need a true rest day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely down for Sunday 2 day wod! That would be fun if all of us went at the same time!

    ReplyDelete