Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Kind of...

Workout!

Turkish Get-up work. Got up to 25# each side (same weight as previous attempt). Scott convinced me to try 35# (I used my right hand) but I couldn't lock out. Why locking out is such a problem for me I do not know. Coaches? Anyone? Why can't I lock out??
 

Metcon: 12 min AMRAP:
5 Handstand push-ups (used 2 abmats)
10 Pull ups
15 Squat jumps


5 rounds + (5 HSPU + 7 pull-ups)

1st set of HSPUs got 4-1, then the rest were in 3s, 2s, or 1s. All pull-ups UNBROKEN! After FUCKING WEEKS of not being able to string pull-ups together without killing my hands, all of a sudden today I felt like I was on fucking fire. Squat jumps unbroken in rds 1, 2, and 5 - rounds 3 and 4 I did 13-2 (WTF?!). Was frustrated in the HSPUs, but never gave up. Heard Emmitt, Jessica and others pushing me and believing in me during the HSPUs which was a helpful motivator.
--
So, most of you know this, but I've been steadily losing inches and pounds since June (at last count I was down about 40 lbs, not sure how many inches but a bunch of sizes). Recently though I've felt like I've been in a weird place. I can't really be sure if I've stabilized in weight or am still losing, since I haven't weighed myself in awhile, but it's weird. I went to Lulu and bought a few new tops and sports bras since what I had wasn't fitting like they used to (including my favorite workout pants, sigh), but when I look in the mirror each morning I don't feel like I'm losing... I feel like my clothes are definitely fitting differently, but I dunno. My goal for the Paleo Challenge is not to lose weight but to improve performance and lean out/tone up (two possibly opposing ideas). I wouldn't mind gaining muscle, I just also want to ensure that I'm continuing to trim down and lower my body fat %age (not that I exactly know what it is).

This morning was different though. I realized that my body looks nothing like it used to. My shoulders and back are getting bigger and more defined (chest of course getting smaller, thanks a lot, CrossFit), and while my lower body is also getting much more defined it's getting smaller (my ass specifically, so again, thanks a lot CrossFit). It was definitely a different body staring back at me today.


Also, I got a 60 min massage today from my favorite girl in the world. And it was awesome.

--
9:30 am - 1 egg, 2 oz. grd turkey, 7 oz rainbow kale + yellow peppers + eggplant sauteed in 1 T. coconut oil.

12pm - 9 oz. paleo chili. I only intended to have 6 oz again and see if that could fill me up for lunch. But there was so little left in the container that I just finished it. 1 t. coconut cream.


3:30pm - 2 T. sunbutter, 15 fresh blueberries, 1 c. chamomile tea (super weak... does tea go bad?)

4:45pm [Pre-wod] - 2 pieces turkey jerky, coconut water, 1 t. coconut cream

6:15ish [Post-wod] - 2 pieces turkey jerky, coconut water

9ish - Um. I kind of cheated. Went to Fogo de Chao with Amy and Eric. I had a SHIT TON of meat. All kinds - beef, bacon wrapped chicken, pork, lamb, beef ribs, pork ribs, salmon, proscuitto... that may have been it, but there may have been more. The waiter must have thrown away over a pound of food from my plate when I was done, since they would give me a large piece of meat and I would eat only one bite of it before moving on to the next delectable piece of meat. I also ate vegis (lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, olives, artichokes). I pretty much only had one bite of everything - since there was sooo much of everything. I also ate a bite of mashed potatoes, a tiny roll, and some fried banana. Oh, um, and I had the limeade (made with among other things lime juice, condensed milk, and sugar) that was strongly recommended by Eric (how could I say no?) which was fantastic. Um, and then I had chocolate molten lava cake with vanilla ice cream. And coffee, two sugars. So, yeah, um, kind of a cheat meal. It's a good damn thing tomorrow is a rest day for me.

7 comments:

  1. my lowering the font size, you in essence, highlighted it. If you're going to cheat, cheat with pride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if I learned anything from yesterday, it's don't trust Scott when he tells you to go up in weight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping it would be too small to read. I also considered changing the font to black on black, so it was completely unreadable. I ate with pride (the garlic steak... i needed a private moment after one bite. so. effen. good.)... just wasn't too proud blogging about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, I had a Willie Wonka moment when I had to get closer to the screen to read the fine print. Nice work.

    Great job on your work out. You have been such great motivation with your pull-ups! And don't worry about the changes. When fat falls away and muscle keeps developing, you have to rely on how things fit and feel a little more versus the weight on a scale. You look amazing and you're one of the strongest girls I know. How's that for a weight-in?! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. People think i weight about the same as rudy when he actually has 15 pounds on me lol. don't worry about the weight its better than being "HUGE" that would look weird. And we all know you and Amy cheated with "better than sex" garlic steak etc...hahaha.

    And work on those Hspu's during skills...sorry but they looked rough :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha - yeah emm I know. I'm working on them. because they are rough.

    ReplyDelete