Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Special K Chocolate

Last night was a good workout.

Power Clean 3-3-3+ @ 70%/80%/90% of (1RM+5) (1RM is 105)
Used 79/89/99 (x15 reps)



Bryce told me to aim for about 15 reps and I'm wondering if after I hit 15 if my body relaxed a bit and that why I failed on 16. Not sure.


3 x max L-Sit (parallete, ring, pull-up bar) 1 min rest

I've done 1 L-sit ever before so I didn't expect these to go too well. Also, I forgot to write these down... but my 1st r rds were 20 sec, not sure the last one it was either 20/25 seconds.

10 min AMRAP:
3 Back squats (108#)
12 knee push-ups
9 American kettlebell swings (55#)



I thought the BS were supposed to be done at 60% of 1RM, but it was supposed to be 65%... so should've done 114#. I wanted to go heavier than neceesary so chose 60% of my 1RM+10, but that was only 108#. I didn't feel super gassed during the wod (I subbed out burpees- no jumping till my stitches are out- for 2xknee pushups), but the 55# KBS is just a damn killer. It's so fucking heavy. All BS were unbroken and were the easiest part of the metcon. The push-ups were unbroken in rds 1-4, but in the 5th and 6th rds I broke them 6-6. The KBS were atrociously heavy, got 5-4 in the first 3 rds, 4-3-3 (yeah I did an extra rep my math sucks) in the 4th, and then the last 2 rds I think 3-3-3. At some point Bryce called out that my BS weren't low enough so I re-did one set of them.


After the metcon I was gonna see if I could power clean 108 but decided against it. I mean, the bar was already set up from my BS... but I thought better of it. I was tired, and thought that going for 1RM when tired is probably not the best idea.


My nutrition has been good since I got back from Christmas, which is why I rarely post about it. I even tried having fish and coconut water as my post-wod meal yesterday, though think I may go for raw fish next time, the flavor was just too much for post-wod. Last night for dinner though... I'd had a long and shitty day at work and after heavy ass KBS I decided I had earned a cheat meal. I had a big giant bowl of Special K Chocolate cereal for dinner. Milk and grains. Delicious.

This morning I am extra sore. I can still feel the jerks from Monday and the KBS from last night. I miss my heating pad.

2 comments:

  1. I am not looking forward to this for my second wod lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?! No heating pad after an effort like that? All the special K in the world couldn't make up for that void! You're such a tough chick, Stitch.

    ReplyDelete