Saturday, January 16, 2010

F*@# Bryce

Friday -
9:30am - 1 egg, 2 oz. grd turkey, 4 oz. mushrooms. Wasn't feeling the mushrooms today but what're you gonna do.

12pm - 3 oz. super low sodium Whole Foods turkey, sauteed with onions and 1 t. coconut oil. 5 oz. sauteed (in ~1/2 T coconut oil) red chard + dandelion greens plus less than 1/3 vidalia onion. Topped the greens with 4 chopped walnut halves, 1 1/2 chopped macadamias plus ~15 dried (no sugar/no salt) cranberries.


This is the first meal I have ever made where I chose to put nuts into it. It's also the first meal I've ever eaten that had nuts in it, that I didn't slowly and painstakingly pick out every nut before eating. As I'm sure you've heard me say, I'm not a fucking squirrel, and I've never been into nuts/seeds. I have been eating Paleo since June, but did not eat nuts/seed for the 1st 7 months (except the occasional nut butter). I finally started eating nuts after Christmas, but only if they were separated out of my food as a side item. I have picked the nuts out of my food for a solid 27 years. And, today I actually chose to put nuts into my food. And it was delicious. Fuckin' nuts. Who knew?! 


5:30 pm - Pre-wod -  4 oz. Imitation crab (almost done), handful walnuts + dried cranberries, coconut water

8:45ish - Post-wod - ~4 oz. bison jerky, coconut water


9:45 pm - 3 oz. grassfed beef filet, 2 oz. mixed greens, 3 oz. yellow peppers, 2 T. Wild Maine Blueberry dessing
---
Today's metcon. What a beast. Alex said afterward that it was a sectionals type workout. The kind of workout that takes you to that place and you just have to fight through it every second.

25-20-15-20-10-5 reps of
HEAVY KBS (53#)
Box Jumps (20")
Wall Ball (14# to the red line)


I used to get angry during wods when it was really hurting and when I needed to fight to stay tough during a wod, but haven't felt that way in awhile... until this. During the workout I thought over and over in my head I hated Bryce and cursed at him privately in my head... and post-wod Amy admitted that I may have also cursed at Bryce aloud once during a set of KBS.Sorry, Bryce, but it fucking hurt. And occasionally hating the coach who programmed that day give me something to focus on besides the pain.


Erin and Chris today apologized for yelling at me while they were working out today. No need to apologize guys - I feel the same way during WODs sometimes, and if yelling at someone gets you through the wod, I say go for it... so long as the person you're yelling at can take it.


And Bryce can take it.



I posted my time wrong - I thought it was 22:06, but went back into the box this am and realized I finished in 20:39. I am much happier about this time :)

5 comments:

  1. Quote of the Day:
    "I'm not a fucking squirrel."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry, I love your openness and honesty in your posts.

    We need to put those heavy kettlebell swings in that category of things to work on. You do great at them in general and have the strength. We just have to get you used of Games Standard style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Rudy. I am ready to learn! I really appreciate the help in improving my form. I want to use my strength to support my technique and go heavy, instead of using my strength to avoid good technique. I'll be in tomorrow at 9 and will likely be there much of the day after.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The squirrel quote was great, but "using my strength to avoid good technique" is my favorite :)

    nice post

    ReplyDelete